Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau:A fine moment
Old 04 Dec 2010, 13:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thumbs up Tau:A fine moment

On the 4th Dec 2010 I had a Apocalypse battle in my local GW, It was a very confusing battle with a titan, stompa, those ork tin cans, drop pods, big tanks and many many more...

anyway I had a small army of about 960 points and joined in the battle near the board edge. I'm not entirely sure who my allies were but I knew some of them were Orks, Traditor guard and some over tau.

So, when I entered the battle there was a large drop pod and some space marines right infront of my army. My fire warrior opened fire on them, and when they stopped there was one left. My kroot just looked at each other, shrugged and engulfed the unfortuante space marine in a hail of kroot shots.

A bit later on, after the drop pod was destroyed, some more space marines (1 tactical squad, 2 biker squads and a razorback) arrived and within seconds my fire warriors were stuck in combat with one of the biker squads. I was in a bit of a state by my next turn. I had destroyed the razorback, killed some marines and killed of most of the other biker squad.

BUT my fire warriors were still in combat with the other bikers and failing badly, my kroot couldn't help them, so they were doomed. But, help arrived in the form of traditor guard and decided to join the scrap with the bikers. my fire warriors were saved!

I was going to be disappointed... The guardsmen did NOTHING! they did swing a few hits but looked at the bikers big wheels and guns and legged it on the first morale test. My fire warriors hadn't killed anything, lost 5 men and passed two morale tests. Where as the guardsmen ran away as soon as they got into it.

I'm not sure if this is a fine moment or failure but I had got some shooting done, killed a few things and my brave fire warriors had held out for a while, so yeah, I guess it was a fine moment.
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2010, 12:52   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Beautiful moment I rarely win but its always worth it for these little times when the impossible just happens, I've had a single fire warrior from a squad of six stay locked in close combat with some daemonettes for three turns ON HIS OWN, allowed my broadside to take down a nasty soul grinder, lost in the end, but my opponent was dumbstruck at how a single fire warrior held off a squad of daemonettes for so long, PERFECT
Yru0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2010, 18:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Must be a bit of fluff or something I'm missing but what are traditor guard?
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2010, 14:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

There imperial guard but turned renegade
Old 08 Dec 2010, 15:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ah okay cool thanks, where would I find that fluff please.
Old 08 Dec 2010, 18:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well...what he did was take an imperial guard army and model and paint them so they look evil. You know, a few chaos helmets, banners, skulls that sort of stuff. Forgeworld do some nice chaos renegades, you see its not only space marines that turn renegade.
Old 08 Dec 2010, 19:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Actually i would suspect more IG than SM anyway, there are mega tons more of them.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 08:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

When a space marine turns to chaos they think there awsome strength and power is being wasted, IG don't have awsome strength and power...
Old 13 Dec 2010, 13:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

True but they also don't have the ingrained training and indoctrination to keep them loyal. Some basically get little more than a weapon some "armor" and pointed in the right direction. Much easier to corrupt.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 14:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well...from what I know its not nice becoming a guardsmen because there are so many they often get suicide missions. I once had a 900pts battle against imperial guard (with my tau) and they walked straight into the range of my fire warriors. Some managed to survive (two squads, 3 in front, 4 behind) and began shooting at my kroot. So my kroot just charged in there and kill the 3 infront!