Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Funniest Moments EVUR!!!
Old 02 Dec 2010, 01:18   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Talking Funniest Moments EVUR!!!

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if anyone has any funny stories about their tau. I've got a couple of hilarious ones myself, but I want to hear what you guys have.
ShaselNova09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 01:23   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

To start things off, the first match I ever played was against a space marine army. I'm not sure how, but a squad of marines managed to get into melee with my team of stealthsuits and gun drones.

One of my drones popped, but the rest of my squad proceeded to mercilessly pistol-whip the space marines into oblivion !

I lost that battle, but I will always remember that as my finest moment...
ShaselNova09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 04:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

One of my more proud victories against my all too capable marine opponent, along with the rest of my Army kicking butt, my Ionhead was decimating his 10 man Dev squad to the last man who failed his Ld and was falling back. I took a picture from table level with him marine in the foreground turned toward the camera running and looming off in the background is my Ionhead chasing him for the kill. Ahhh the memories.

I should change my name to Number 1. Not because I'm conceited but because thats what I always roll at inopportune moments.

Link to my Terrain Table Article http://tauonline.org/?content=browse...ry&article=619
AndyinUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 16:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

One of my favorites I actually turned into a thread a few months back but...
Had been fighting a space wolf opponent and though shooting well he had managed to CC my FWs and pin down my commander with his chaplain. We were fighting a slaughter match with no turn limit. Turn seven he had 1 marine and his chaplain left nearly at opposite corners of the board on my side, I had 1 broadside left almost in the middle, shield drones expended. Turn eight TL railgun, dead space marine, Turn nine he just looked at me with disgust as I threw the die to fire...chaplain chunks anyone?
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 16:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Same fight as mentioned prior but earlier in the fight. Space wolf player had kept talking crap and a couple kids in the shop had not paused in talking crap about how Tau were gonna get slaughtered by space wolves. He had plastered my kroot due to my inexperience. Space marines clear the trees to start open terf charge at my FWs from outside my rapid fire range. Rolled 4 hits from 11 FWs, rolled 4 wounds, everyone just laughed and he rolled the 4 dice for his armor saves... all 1s. The table went quiet and I just smiled.
Old 02 Dec 2010, 16:38   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i was playing against my friends marines the other week, ran my devilfish to almost ram a predator and bailed my drones out to get some rear armour! both hit, both penetrated and blew it to pieces taking out both my drones as well!!

i love those free drones
taulover55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 16:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Facing an IG player who had come down from a shop further up the road. Small 750 pt match. He decided to leave out heavy weapons teams and field a Leman Russ. I got the initiative, round 1 broadside, Leman Russ makes a great crater ya know...rest of fight wasn't nearly as fun as he basically gave up right there.
Old 02 Dec 2010, 17:26   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i also surrounded a land raider with hormagaunts, blew said land raider up with my tyrannofex and all the termies inside couldnt get out for the 20 odd hormies surrounding it!
taulover55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 18:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i have one though it's not about tau it's imperial guard vs space marines and it's about my mate he can kill terminators,yes terminators with lasguns i know it defiys belief but it can and does happen.

So tell me what you guys think.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2010, 19:48   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i have killed 15 terminators in groups of 5 with 6 steath suits in groups of 3, in three rounds, doing the same battle one of my devilfishs, ramed a dreadnought in the rear, almost 24"... 22" to be exact, a little over kill, but it could not do any thing ells, I have also tried 12 firewarriors rapid fire at 10 assault terminators, with 2 marklights, 2+ to hit , kill them for good, and i have tried keeping a leman russ demolisher useless, with rail rifles, priceless experience, my opponent couldn't beleive i could penetret that much.
arh all good times