Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How should Krootox be fixed?
Closed Thread
Old 28 Jul 2005, 16:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default How should Krootox be fixed?

I think there's no question that krootox should be fixed, but how?

I'd think that making them toughness 4(5) would be best because it fixes the problem of having a strength 6 weapon insta-kill it.
I'd also think that making the gun assault 2 might help a bit.
What about point cost (i don't have my codex on me)?
Old 28 Jul 2005, 17:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: How should Krootox be fixed?

Allow Infiltration, as well as reduce the points a little.
50 is a bit much for something like this. I'd say fourty, but maybe that's pushing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
She said she can't die! She's survive even if you roast her or bake her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Should we try to boil her or fry her instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
It's foolish for people to go out on a night like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
I'm talking about you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
No, I'm not asking who's a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari
So you're admitting to being a fool?
Old 28 Jul 2005, 17:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

lessen points to 30.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 18:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Do any of these.

- Decrease points to 30
- Infiltration
- Kroot upgrade rather than HS choice
- Make gun stronger or lower AP (prefered)
- Pay more points to replace with Ion Cannon
- Get rid of that toughness thing

I think Infiltration, point decrease and abolishing that god darned ( :'() tougness thing will be best.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 18:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

Krootox
Poitns 50
Ws4 BS3 S6 t3 (5.) W3 i3 A3 LD/SV **

Kroot Gun.
48'' s8 ap 6
Assult 1
OR:
24'' S4 Ap4 Rapid Fire.
(like RG sub optins.)

Hows that? Switch it to that T# represents the krrot rider pokgin hsi head up, adn getign shot at-if anyhting is heavy enoghut to IK someone, it insteadof* this the krootox who instictively portects its masters. But if it fail the IK to T3 wound, it suffers a s D6 hit to represent the powerful weaposn used againt it. I think that may fix it... An ion canon upgrade fr +20 poitns would be nice.

SqurielLord.

Edit by RJay: Please check your post before you post it, then you'd realise the "adn", "getign", "hsi", "enoghut", "portects, "weaposn", "poitns" in your post. It appears to me your trying to type faster then you actually can, so please double check mistakes before you post...

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 28 Jul 2005, 18:47   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I lost you somewhere. The 3(5) means that for combat purposes use 5, but a strength 6 hit will insta-kill. (Correct?)
Old 28 Jul 2005, 19:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think the best way would be to make the Krootox like a slower bike: +1 A, +1T, allow heavy weapons to fire. Then make the Kroot Gun a heavy weapon (possibly a sniper rifle, more shots. or stronger). Or even leave it as-is, seeing as bike-mounted rapid fire can take full advantage of range on the move. S6 could be the trade-off for 12" move. And, as far as I know, marines on bikes aren't insta-killed by S8 weapons.

I'm not sure about the 3rd edition rapid fire rules, but were Krootox nerfed by the 4th ed. rules, or did they always stink?

http://RyanCannon.com
Old 28 Jul 2005, 20:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCanine
I think the best way would be to make the Krootox like a slower bike: +1 A, +1T, allow heavy weapons to fire. Then make the Kroot Gun a heavy weapon (possibly a sniper rifle, more shots. or stronger). Or even leave it as-is, seeing as bike-mounted rapid fire can take full advantage of range on the move. S6 could be the trade-off for 12" move. And, as far as I know, marines on bikes aren't insta-killed by S8 weapons.

I'm not sure about the 3rd edition rapid fire rules, but were Krootox nerfed by the 4th ed. rules, or did they always stink?
Rapid fire always sucked in 3rd.* At least in 4th you can move & fire 2 shots at 12".* However, you could fire 1 shot at 12" and assault with a rapid fire weapon (You could only fire two shots if you didn't move that turn).* So it's an interesting trade off.

I think the Kroot Gun just needs to be an Str. 6 / AP4 / Rapid Fire / 24" weapon.* * The gunner on the Krootox will be bumped around quite a bit making a sniper rifle pretty worthless.* The Str. 7 / AP4 was nice, but that's pretty high power for just a stronger version of the Kroot Rifle.* The weapon at best should be able to knock down a skimmer, but not glance a Predator.* The 48" range idea was just goofy.* Standing still or not, a beast like that won't stay steady as it will shift and move around a bit making long range shots like that next to impossible.

The Krootox definitely just needs to be an upgrade to the squad.* I think GW setup the Kroot Hounds and KrootOx in the FOC that way to make it look like the Tau Army list was a lot larger than what it really is.* 30-35 points is pretty good for a unit like that considering Kroot don't exactly have staying power in hand to hand. A breaking unit of Kroot in hand to hand just guarantees you gave them 50 - 100 points of Krootox free in the cut down process when the Kroot Squad attempts to run.

I also think inflitration is a good idea for the Krootox as well.* It's not as if Kroot Hounds can't be heard a mile away growling and snarling as they run up on the enemy.* As vicious as they say Kroot Hounds are, they'd care nothing about being stealthy as their animalistic instincts would drive them into intimidating their prey with such loud fearsome noises.*

-SaturN
Old 28 Jul 2005, 20:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The sad fact is, although there are dozens of great ideas here, krootox will most likely not be fixed for a long time.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 11:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff

I think the Kroot Gun should be an anti-tank weapon, if only for the sake of the Kroot Mercs. Those poor guys have almost no tank-busting capability. All they have are the Shapers that can take melta-bombs, melta guns, or eviscerators. Two of their anti-vehicle weapons require that you be in base-to-base, and the other has a 12" range. The Tau don't really need anymore anti-tank guns, but the Kroot sure could use them.