Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Drones and Suites
Old 28 Oct 2010, 01:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Drones and Suites

I love painting my tau army. And in doing so I rarely ever get to play a game. Anyways I played my second game ever this last weekend and I brought out my Farsight List for shits and giggles. I loaded the seven body guards with shield generators and shield drones....

Got into Close Combat and it took the other player for ever to get me down to just my suites. So I lost combat, my guys ran, and I got taken out. Which leads me to my question.

*Do drones that are purchased for the crisis suites count as a separate kill point?

*opponent took out all of my shield drones first, Then I took wounds on crisis, lost combat etc....and at the end he claimed to have gotten two kill points because the drones count as a separate unit. I didn't argue this because, well I just don't play that often and I was just there to have fun. I did tell him that they were purchased as an add-on to my suites but he insisted it didn't matter.

Is this True ???
Farsight4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2010, 05:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No not when their purchased for suits they count as the same unit and do NOT give away an extra kill point since they can't be separated from the unit but they do in certain cases for example with a piranha and devilfish they count as an extra kill point here since you can separate the drones out from the vehicle and they become a separate independent unit and so give away a second kill point.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2010, 14:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah anti's got it, your opponent either did not know his stuff as wellas he claimed or was taking advantage of your lack of play time.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2010, 15:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
Yeah anti's got it, your opponent either did not know his stuff as wellas he claimed or was taking advantage of your lack of play time.
Maybe i'm just naive but i'd say what happened is he was told/read about the piranha devilfish situation and assumed it was true in all cases i wouldn't go too hard on the opponent here though why are you playing for kill points they give an unfair advantage to small elitist armies like space marines go for victory points instead fair to all.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 16:27   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thank you all for all of your input,

Well now I know for next time. Thank's again guys ! : )
Farsight4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2010, 18:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Your welcome
Old 28 Oct 2010, 21:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

No problem.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote