Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Massed sniper fire
Old 27 Oct 2010, 15:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Massed sniper fire

As my force grows closer and closer to the 1500 pt mark and eyeing the 2k pt mark I have been considering utilizing one of my heavy/support slots to field the max allowed 3 sniper teams especially for going against SM forces and those requiring heavier weapons in numbers. I was figuring with this kind of unit I could lay down, possibly from 3 directions across the board the massive fires of 9 sniper drones. Combined with a few extra marker lights from path finders I was thinking this would be a killer way to decimate enemy formations, especially SMs. Any thoughts, comments or experiences on the subject/tactic? All are welcome
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 15:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
As my force grows closer and closer to the 1500 pt mark and eyeing the 2k pt mark I have been considering utilizing one of my heavy/support slots to field the max allowed 3 sniper teams especially for going against SM forces and those requiring heavier weapons in numbers. I was figuring with this kind of unit I could lay down, possibly from 3 directions across the board the massive fires of 9 sniper drones. Combined with a few extra marker lights from path finders I was thinking this would be a killer way to decimate enemy formations, especially SMs. Any thoughts, comments or experiences on the subject/tactic? All are welcome
hy, i use sniper drones and deploy them and/or try and keep them in a triangle formation (2 on the flanks 1 in the centre) but keep the centre team hopefully out of L.O.S and attention of the opponent/enemy and then hit the enemy on their 6.

hope this help
-maddosammo-

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 15:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Tau snipers are very under rated in my opinion check out my controversial idea of using them as shields for broadsides here

Tau Sniper Question

Tau snipers are also very good for crowd control against horde if you use pathfinders in conjunction with them use their markers to lower leadership on a massive horde and a single sniper round can bring the entire unit to ground nothing will irritate your opponent more.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 18:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I was thinking of in larger pt matches splitting them off so I could have 1 team in each rear corner area with the third in the middle, forcing the enemy to split off to focus for any hope of getting them all (of course accompanying the corner groups with a broadside team and a squad of fire warriors to complete my little fire bases and letting the middle team swing fires to either side as needed).
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 18:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
I was thinking of in larger pt matches splitting them off so I could have 1 team in each rear corner area with the third in the middle, forcing the enemy to split off to focus for any hope of getting them all (of course accompanying the corner groups with a broadside team and a squad of fire warriors to complete my little fire bases and letting the middle team swing fires to either side as needed).
nice idea it willl work if you use it correctly but you have to use it correctly.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote