Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

i need help on something
Old 26 Oct 2010, 14:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking i need help on something

hy i had a practice run through of a game with my mate for the end of the weak and low and behold guess what he's using.............................................
A.....A... sorry the.....the Space Marine Emperor i don't know what his fluff is but we're using house rules the mission is already set out he's assaulting, me i'm holding a mountianish base wiiith access from 2 sides of the board ,the board is 12" by 12".

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

Last edited by maddosammo; 26 Oct 2010 at 14:54.
maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2010, 15:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well you don't give much in the way of details or stats for the emperor the only thing you really say is that your encamped and theres only two ways to get to you so obvious case of where dual broadside bases would excel block the entrances with kroot/piranhas or something and pack as much firepower as you can behind it and hold strong actually if the board is only 12 x 12 fusion blaster crisis suits would be better.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2010, 16:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Mountain side too, stealth suits will almost be guardanteed of being seen and assaults are almost immediately going to happen. Personally forget vehicles, tons of nice jumpy crisis suits with nasty close range weapons and Kroot MOBS, full like 19 kroot+1 shaper+ 12 kroot hounds+ krootox riders if you have them, tons of them to ork style mob at that kinda range so it becomes a "so what if you killed 30 that move, there are still 60 chewing on your ankles, what now." But that is just me and I have mobs of Kroot.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2010, 16:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

sorry for the missing stats i was busy at time and have only just got onto a desktop PC.

right Stats well i think -he didn't gave much away in the way of infomation/ stats- okay i think that he's a master pyker kinda guy but with like 5 pyker powers instead of the norm 2-3 powers.

A stat that he did disclose although it was blatently obviously is that it's (and i'm refering to it as he's/it's suppposed to be dead right) wearing termie armour with 2+ inv. save

Also heres the plus side it's like the ethereal of the imperium if he dies all imperial forces (he plays a joint strike force space marine, imperial guard and inqusition thing) have to take a LD test, the test being LD 7 i think.

so know what do you think?

Sir winston Churchill

Old 26 Oct 2010, 16:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
Mountain side too, stealth suits will almost be guardanteed of being seen and assaults are almost immediately going to happen. Personally forget vehicles, tons of nice jumpy crisis suits with nasty close range weapons and Kroot MOBS, full like 19 kroot+1 shaper+ 12 kroot hounds+ krootox riders if you have them, tons of them to ork style mob at that kinda range so it becomes a "so what if you killed 30 that move, there are still 60 chewing on your ankles, what now." But that is just me and I have mobs of Kroot.
nice idea but i don't have near enough kroot for that athough i do have my kroot anti-tank gun set up in ambush futher down the hill/mountian

more ideas would be nice

Sir winston Churchill

Old 26 Oct 2010, 16:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddosammo View Post
sorry for the missing stats i was busy at time and have only just got onto a desktop PC.

right Stats well i think -he didn't gave much away in the way of infomation/ stats- okay i think that he's a master pyker kinda guy but with like 5 pyker powers instead of the norm 2-3 powers.

A stat that he did disclose although it was blatently obviously is that it's (and i'm refering to it as he's/it's suppposed to be dead right) wearing termie armour with 2+ inv. save

Also heres the plus side it's like the ethereal of the imperium if he dies all imperial forces (he plays a joint strike force space marine, imperial guard and inqusition thing) have to take a LD test, the test being LD 7 i think.

so know what do you think?
Personally i'm not a fan of this made up stuff it's already clear form what you've said that the emperor is a heavily broken unit it should be based off abadon the despolier who according to chaos fluff is around the same kind of power levels as Horus who of course is around the same kind of power as the emperor and abadon costs a ridiculous amount of points as well i'm asuming this game is 500 points or so based purely on the size of your board and by the sounds of it your friend probably shouldn't be able to field much of anything more other than just the emperor.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 18:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Plus, just talking on the fluff part and i could be completely wrong, but I beleive the Tau were not even discovered/encountered until after the Emperor went into his comma like status. (But then again i also understand gaming and just having fun.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2010, 20:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
Plus, just talking on the fluff part and i could be completely wrong, but I beleive the Tau were not even discovered/encountered until after the Emperor went into his comma like status. (But then again i also understand gaming and just having fun.
No the tau would have been more like cavemen at that time but their fluff may be that the emperor was revived and is alive in 40k rather than an encounter that happened in the past.
Old 27 Oct 2010, 00:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The emperor is within his throne, is he using a giant throne?! He can't do that! It's blasfemy!! I truely beleive it's unfair, just because the Emperor is, well, the Emperor! Next thing you know he'll be using Sanguinious and Leman Russ!!
Armadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 07:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadon View Post
The empror is within his throne, is he using a giant throne?! He can't do that! It's blasfemy!! I truely beleive it's unfair, just because the Emperor is, well, the Emperor! Next thing you know he'll be using Sanguinious and Leman Russ!!
Thats what i said and soz i don't get what you mean for Sanguinous and leman russ its probably simple isn't it?

Sir winston Churchill