Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Custom tau warhammer 40k carrying case
Old 25 Oct 2010, 13:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Custom tau warhammer 40k carrying case

Hello,

I am a new Tau and 40k player. I was wandering if anyone knew if there are any scratch built Tau Theme carrying case tutorials on the web?

Thanks
GriffinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2010, 16:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Not that I've seen sorry. Though if you can find information and post it it might make a great thread.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2010, 17:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well it doesn't take much to make a case Tau try this tutorial and when finished just paint it in tau coulours or your own armies coulours and slap a few Tau decals on it or if your inclined draw and paint a large symbol either side.

Ammo Box Cases ( A Tutorial)

if that doesn't float your boat i'd recommend looking for general custom case tutorials and asking yourself what you can do to make it tau.

oh and another note articulategrunt is in the military so maybe you could buy some of these from him in fact i'm kinda inspired to do the same so ahh don't suppose i could get two of these for me if your able to get them articulategrunt.

Last edited by Antisocialnerd; 25 Oct 2010 at 17:49.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2010, 21:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've got a live fire range next week. Let me see what I can do then, I've got none on hand at the moment.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 16:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
I've got a live fire range next week. Let me see what I can do then, I've got none on hand at the moment.
That'd be great Art the more i think about it the more i want to do it'd probably be a big psychological boost to be carrying your army in big ammo crates too lol. i bet postage will be a nightmare on these things though they look heavy.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 18:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Empty they are pretty light, the bulk is what is gonna be killer as far as postage. That and shipping them to Ireland...you sure the SAS isn't going to intercept them and come kicking your door down? (Its a joke guys)
Old 26 Oct 2010, 20:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
Empty they are pretty light, the bulk is what is gonna be killer as far as postage. That and shipping them to Ireland...you sure the SAS isn't going to intercept them and come kicking your door down? (Its a joke guys)
Lol i don't think i have to worry about the SAS in the republic but the Irish Army Rangers are a whole other kind of badass ^_^ i'm sure an empty box no matter how it looks won't raise many red flags over here we're a lot more relaxed with security.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 21:25   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking Advice

Hy ive been stopped by anti-terror police b4 not something that i would recomend having 4-5 guys armed with mp5's pointed at your head (if you wondered y i was with stopped i was with a guy with conceled 9mm's (for reasons i cany say y) prob thoughti was a terrorist or somate)
My recomendation too people living in the uk don't use briefcase's if you're under 20-25 use something like a rucksack or schoolbag it's safer than being shot or at least aimed at.
Hope this helps
Maddosammo

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

Last edited by maddosammo; 26 Oct 2010 at 21:47. Reason: grammar
maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2010, 20:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hey Anti, sorry its a no go on the cases partner. Range control idiots sent us the wrong ammo and with a couple other wonderful incidents thrown in long story short we wound up not shooting. I'll check the local pawn and surplus shops though, might be able to find some for ya there.
Old 05 Nov 2010, 22:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ok thanks for trying though i appreciate it