Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The great Tau Manta!
Old 19 Oct 2010, 15:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Question The great Tau Manta!

Yes the Titan is just the little brother, there is something bigger, nastier and more expensive! The great Tau Manta! It has a 36" wing span and is 26" from nose to rear and I'm getting one! 926 of 12kg resin carring 2 hammerheads 2 devil fish, 8 Xv suits, six drones, 48 fire warriors, 1 ethereal, and 12.5 kg is without the contents! The fire warriors are seated and so is the ethereal, but the suits and tanks and drones are game useable. And b4 you ask I'm 14 and have just got a job and will have it in 2 months time XD. From scratch 0$!! Yay and I'm getting an airbrush kit. Can any 1 with 1 post a pic and I will when I get mine!! Off forge world http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...TAU-MANTA.html and the most awesome painting of one
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery...nta,%20Tau.jpg
Old 19 Oct 2010, 16:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If your going to spend that kind of money on warhammer get a pro painted army instead it represents a much better investment long term and you'll use it a lot more than that thing.

but if you do get one please do NOT destroy it with a HORRID paint job like that pic.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2010, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm not going to paint it with that style, but I don't think it's horrid... I'm going to paint it planetary colours and the bottom with space, or get a big army
Old 20 Oct 2010, 14:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The size and cost of that thing I almost wish they would just produce one that was a remote, more than enough size and space to put in the engines and controls even if you would not be able to carry troops anymore. That or at least build in compartments and a hide away carry handle so you could use it as a carry case for your Tau army...

Oh yeah, and i liked the paint job, not my preferred style but still nicely done.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 04:49   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hey man, I understand how easy it is to buy models when you live at home and have a job, trust me I understand, I own 10,000 points of tau, 6,000 eldar, 3,000 Space marines, and 2,000 imperial guard, I have bought a lot of models. I regret not having the money I spent on all those models now. I need car insurance money, I don't have enough money for college or books, let alone gas to get to school. I was in your same boat 5 years ago when I was 15. There is no problem with buying models but do so in moderation and a tau manta is the oposite of moderation.
Just my thoughts.

Chewey
Imperial Guard W-0 L-0 T-1
Chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 12:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
Hey man, I understand how easy it is to buy models when you live at home and have a job, trust me I understand, I own 10,000 points of tau, 6,000 eldar, 3,000 Space marines, and 2,000 imperial guard, I have bought a lot of models. I regret not having the money I spent on all those models now. I need car insurance money, I don't have enough money for college or books, let alone gas to get to school. I was in your same boat 5 years ago when I was 15. There is no problem with buying models but do so in moderation and a tau manta is the oposite of moderation.
Just my thoughts.

Chewey
Don't suppose your willing to part with any of that if you need money.
Old 22 Oct 2010, 21:34   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

better get a rapid prototyping version of it. should cost you half as much without the hassle of bad casts from FW
midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2010, 09:39   #8 (permalink)
bd
Kroot Shaper

how did u get the money? ur 14
bd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2010, 09:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd View Post
how did u get the money? ur 14
Well he says he got a job but honestly his a 14 year old with access to the internet it's easy for him to make money LOTS of money just depends what his willing to do for it ^_^
Old 25 Oct 2010, 18:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisocialnerd View Post
Well he says he got a job but honestly his a 14 year old with access to the internet it's easy for him to make money LOTS of money just depends what his willing to do for it ^_^
whats that suposed to mean

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote