Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Possibilities of Kroot
Old 27 Sep 2010, 22:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default The Possibilities of Kroot

Okay, so i was reading the fluff on kroot when the nymune glands caught my attention. the ability to incorporate victim's DNA into future generations could make kroot even more valuable to tau. just imagine if there were a shaper that directed his brothers to consume psykers! or even exclusively eldar! tau may not be able to navigate warp space, but if they had psykroot for navigators? there would be no slowing the greater good at that point. tell me your thoughts and how i could try to make a fair set of rules for psykroot.
Ni_rona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2010, 22:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Wow, Kroot are under developed, and have just started consuming other army characters, it would take a while for them to evolve. I beleive that they don't gain mental traits though. They might gain apperence (hence the shape of the head due to living off of there own live-crop) maybe strength, skin color, even the original biological form (like growing feet from eating so many humans). But I highly doubt they'll get powers from pyskers. If you really have this in your head though, then i'll help.
Armadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2010, 02:05   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i was just thinking that since being a psyker isn't really gained from training (only controlled), then i figured it must be genetic. but i have been obsessing over it for days and i'm even working on making an eldar-kroot hybrid. i'll post the pics if/ when i finish them. but i also figured that since eldar are known experts on psy abilities and they are often seen using kroot merenary services, that would maybe be a good place to start.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 02:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

It's an intresting concept, I hope the best for you. Hell, if it works I might try it out myself if you don't mind . If you read more fluff on Eldar and see if they go through control training of some sort (therefor finding proof that it's genetic) then you'd have my full support. If you do get a chance to get a hybrid sorta thing going on i'd love to see it. Again though, take into effect that it would take years for any evolution to happen, let alone gaining psy powers. Best of luck to you though, hope things go well and as planned. You can think about stats later, after you get the facts sorted out. (^_^)
Armadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2010, 03:17   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

It is most definitely genetic. The Eldar follow different "paths" in their life in order to try to not give into chaotic tendencies. And one of the paths is the path of the seer. Any Eldar can do it. Plus alot of their other paths use psychic things too. Like the path of dreaming or the path of the artist. So yes, very genetic.
plasmarocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2010, 15:08   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah, i started with an eldar army and even read an eldar book. in the book it mentioned a child seer that had already learned how to control her psy abilities. so, after more research, i fount that craftworld iyanden is close to the tau empire, and with their recent slaughter from the tyranids, perhaps they would be willing to council the kroot, or have a second fall of the kroot. lol. chaos kroot would be inevitable, though.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 19:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

This sort of thing was done way back though not with other warhammer races for example i've seen modified kroot such as ones with wings maybe they ate a whole load of birds or something and they had the ability to fly (obviously) so they were more like vespid and others with more muscular bodies with increased strength etc.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2010, 20:11   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah, the winged ones are called vultures and i had heard of kroot-ork hybrids and that's when i thought of kroot-eldar and giving tau a means of warp travel
Old 28 Sep 2010, 21:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The tau already have a means of warp travel the Nicassar may see more of them in the new codex.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nicassar
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2010, 22:29   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i han never heard of them. though what with being unfit for combat, that's no surprise. however, your link says they're psykers, but nothing about being warp-capable. also, why do the tau expand so slowly if they have warp travel? wouldn't mont'ka strikes be more plentiful on hiveworlds of the imperium? or more SM chapter worlds attacked. kuyon would be remote colonies attacked then used a bait. or more likely utterly conquered. my point being, the tau are not expanding at a rate consistant with being warp-capable.