Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Pureist Tau
Old 18 Sep 2010, 13:20   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Pureist Tau

i play completely pure tau. no xeno scum lol to quote the marines because this fits in very nicely with my army fluff and i dont like the xeno models.

i was just wondering if there was anyone else who did the same?
fa8ality666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm sure there quite a few but i doubt many do so because of they don't like the non tau races (except for vespid)

Personally i like to play what i think is best never mind fluff etc for instance i play kroot over firewarriors because i think kroot are better and they fit my play style better i'd also like to play some vespid but can never seem to spare the points.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2010, 17:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

i quite like the "xeno scum" that u are so fond of because like antisocialnerd's it supports my way of play a lot more than just Tau alone thats why i don't use anyone like "farsight" does any one else?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

Last edited by maddosammo; 21 Sep 2010 at 18:37.
maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2010, 12:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

All Aliens are reffered to as Xeno by the Imperium of Man I beleive. Yes though, my freind plays only Tau, and tossed his Kroot away before he can give em' to me... no vespids either, or Gue'vesa. I use whatever is in my disposal though, i'm not picky.
Armadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2010, 20:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Horay! Another Purist! Stay strong friend, dont let these otheres polute your army Personaly, i just dont have a use for them. I play my force as mobile firebases, 12 Wariors riding in Fish, drop them 12" from a squad that has been softened up with Crissis and Broadside fire and cut loose. 24 Rifle shots, plus the 3 Burst cannon and 4 carbine shots from the Fish and Drones, ususaly thats enough to wipe a squad. Some people say you need the Kroot as a lure, I tried that, my oponent ignored them and went after my Pathfinders. I didnt field them again ater that.
DevilBoy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2010, 21:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Need to get some vespid to try them out before I decide upon them (hear they are a great space marine killer) but personally I have a massive force of Kroot. They dont work well against my space marine foes but the point cost and the ability to send a huge mob of them around the flank has made them dangerous and effective in slowing my opponents and distracting them long enough to cut them up more at range quite well. But that is just me.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2010, 21:46   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have thought about the Vespids as well, and while yes their gun can bypass Marine armor, they have to be way to close for my comfort. I know its probably just a leftover from my catastrophic fail of an Eldar army, but I can’t stand weapons with short ranges.
Old 07 Oct 2010, 22:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Technically Vespid have a range of 24 inches they can move 12 shoot 12 which the same as a marine who stands still if the same marine moves he has a range of 18 moves 6 shoots 12 so in some ways they have better range than marines.

The problem is that you have to move to get into range ideally you want to move to within 6 of your opponent and assault after shooting but not wipe the enemy squad so your engaged in CC and can't be fired upon or alternatively move to cover 12 form the enemy both of which can be difficult.

but yeah Vespid chew up marines i see them as space marines who gave up their armour for a jump pack and a sweet gun.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2010, 22:31   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hmmm, I will see if a friend will let me proxy some in our next fight. Im still not sold, but i'll give them a try.
Old 08 Oct 2010, 15:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

i love vespids they're great for luring stupid opponants into my traps (EVIL LAUGH) and also there neutron blaster is great at killing marines and masikers orks and what not (anything with a crud armour save)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote