Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

tau space marines renegade forces (land raider varient)
Old 04 Sep 2010, 16:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default tau space marines renegade forces (land raider varient)

hey I've currently been using my space marine as a renegade space marine strike forces I've been using the space marine battleforce and a landraider crusader and a vindicator.I've also gt some "techmarines and servitors" complicated rules so wont put them in. I'll get to the point basically I'm going to build a new land raider variant probably mount a thunderfire cannon on it so i could use it as artillery or a mortars like the I.G. griffin heavy mortar carrier but am stumped on ideas so would be nice for some ideas all ideas are welcome however stupid.

Also it would be nice if you could help me with some rules for it and for weapons ideas.

thanks for Ur time reading this and please get back too me and remember all ideas are welcome howeverstupid or random

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 17:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: tau space marines renegade forces (land raider varient)

and a help with the name would be nice

Sir winston Churchill

Old 04 Sep 2010, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hey their. I read something about this a long time ago on this website. The thing that makes is difficult for you to have Space Marines being a renegade is their docture. The marines go through a program that makes them what they are. The IG its easy to do. A while ago their was a rules for the the IG being with Tau, but now you cant use them anymore.

If you ask me its a mistake to get rid of the rule. The Tau IG is as strong as the regual IG, but the do not have the same weapons. But I think you can use the same wepoans IG but you can add a few points more to make it fair.
drzewieckisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2010, 15:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for the reply but i was thinking of playing this in a large apoc game with my friends where anything goes so it doesn't haft to be official also I'm saying fluff wise is that they have been either captured and there memory altered or they have ran away and fled to the Tau empire in fear that they will be "insert appropriate word here", after they have lost a battle or something.Also with there vehicles they have been altered to accept the Tau empire crews and rouge soldiers of the impirium.

I also have some rouge IG guys which i use on quite a regular basis which have a combination of Tau and impirium weapons.
The original post still applies as i am building no mater what people say and ill just alter the points accordingly, I've also had i few more ideas of which i might use maybe along the lines of the space marine land raider ares with a hull mounted main weapon like a thunderfire cannon or something of that ilk.
Once again i thank u for taking the time for reading this thread
and remember any ideas are accepted no matter how crazy they are.

Sir winston Churchill