Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Fighter
Old 23 Aug 2010, 22:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Tau Fighter

So I disigned and built a strike craft for the tau. Its a small drone-controled fighter with 2 seeker missles, 2 TL missle pods (as in 2 pairs of missle pods), and a TL Pulse Rifle-type weapon only its assalt 3. I need some help coming up with rules and stats for it. AND A POINT VALUE. I also am having troble with getting a name... Post the names and after a while I'll make a poll and you can vote for your favorite.

Here are a few pictures (im not concerned with the quality of the model right now, these are so you know what your talking about)

Replies to this post should have two parts:

First, ideas for points, rules, stats, special rules, ect.
Second, ideas for names.

Thanks all!
Yelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2010, 00:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Tau Fighter

First proposed stats:

Fast Attack
Type: Vehicle (fast, scimmer)
Pts: 75 BS: 3 Front: 11 Side: 10 Rear: 10 (undercarrage considered front armor)
Squadron: 1-2 fighters
Equipment: 2 TL Missle Pods, LT Pulse Rifle (heavy 3), 2 Seeker missle, Blacksun Filter
Options: May take a targeting array, multi tracker
Special Rules:Turbo-boosters, High Flyer, Flyby

High Flyer:
Any modle firing at the unit bearing this rule suffers a -6in modifier to thier weapons range. The high flying unit always gains a 5+ invonerable save. For each 6inches away from the model the firing unit is, this save goes up 1, to a maximum of 2+. The High Flying model may fire its weapons at all times, unless it has moved more than 20in. On the damage chart, if a Damaged - Imobilized result is rolled, roll 3D6. The model goes the number rolled inches forward in a straigt line. Then the model is wrecked. This represets the model being shot down and crash landing. On the damage chart, if a Destroyed - Wrecked result is rolled, roll 2D6. The model goes the number rolled inches forward and then explodes (for the blast radius, measure from the model's base). This is to represent the fighter being shot down and chashing in a firey inferno. On the damage chart, if a Destroyed - Explodes result is rolled, the model is removed from play, having only exploded harmlessly above the battlefeild.

Flyby:
The model starts the game in reserve. Roll to bring it in as a reserve as normal. At any time when the model broght into play, place it touching any board edge, then roll a D6. On a 1-2, the model will move 2D6 inches to the right, on a 3-4 it will move 2D6 to the left, on a 5-6 it comes in on target. The unit may choose to leave the board and return to reserves at any time. In order to do this, roll a D6. On a 2+ the unit may return to reserves and may be brought into play after one turn. On the damage chart, if a Crew - Stunned result is rolled, the model is automatically returned to reserves. If the model is in a squadron and returns to reserve for any reason, the entire squadron is returned.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 05:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Looks just like a U.S Predator drone lol If the tau got something like this it'd be just another varition of burger bot probably like the stealth fighter drone in aeronautica.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 11:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

It is a UAV, but modded.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 08:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've gotten to use remoras in a AI match. They were air launched from a modified tigershark that maintained control over the 2 drones. Chaos hellblade and helltalons were on attack vector.
Both drones scored a kill using seeker missiles.
Tau war doctrine will be rewritten with the introduction of new combat drones in all areas of warfare. Ground, air,space and warp.

I like your model. I have a picture of a fully loaded/armed predator on the wall by my work bench.
Id like to here what you thinking when you selected the weapon es you choose. I've recently wasted a day of model work day dreaming about what new armament packages to use on the drones. If you go down the list. With each weapon you'll see several new roll air drones, the guns do change what you can expect from airdrones.

Have you thought about adding a stealth field?

Kelsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 23:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I doubt I'll add a stealth feild...

When I selected the weapons I choose I was considering using the.... whatever I decide to call it as a fast and hard to kill support for firewarriors. Missle Pods and seekers can take out almost any armor that is threatining a Fire Team, and the modified Pulse Rifle can kill several infatry guys. It also is difficult to hit and can arive on scene and fire in less than a turn. these things could save a fireteam any day if the week.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 02:29   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelman
I doubt I'll add a stealth feild...

When I selected the weapons I choose I was considering using the.... whatever I decide to call it as a fast and hard to kill support for firewarriors. Missle Pods and seekers can take out almost any armor that is threatining a Fire Team, and the modified Pulse Rifle can kill several infatry guys. It also is difficult to hit and can arive on scene and fire in less than a turn. these things could save a fireteam any day if the week.
If you think about it the Remoras can do the same thing. I think that the Hazardsuits and the Remoras combination would be a great team because of the of the flexablity of them togethere. I don't know that the other who have posted here will think about this team.
drzewieckisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2010, 08:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i'd just use the rues for the Remora stealth drone, but if you don't have the Imperial Armour Apocalypse book, Yelman's rules are good, but you'll need the opponents consent even in an apocalypse game.
mamba21500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelman
(undercarrage considered front armor)
If it is a flyer then i thought that all ground weapons counted as hitting the side armour?