Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Personalising your Tau
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jul 2005, 13:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Spaceknight
Default Personalising your Tau

What Have people done to make there Tau there own, Like painting but mostly modeling (I searched and nothing came up under more moden tau)

Im dyislexic dont hate me for it
Old 26 Jul 2005, 13:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Personalising your Tau

My army is called the Shas'por Battalion.

I painted my Tau blood red armor with gray uniforms underneath. I used a modified sept symbol of black lines on red badge to resemble a martini glass. Squad desinators are a different yellow quadrants on the helmet with a Tau number in the yellow ( 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc). Rank is indicated on the firing shoulder.

As for mods, I only did some very simple body turns, arm breaking/bending, and posing.

My kroot are wearing red rags to denote cadre affilliation.

Wanax

Old 26 Jul 2005, 13:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Spaceknight

cool im deciding what and how I want my Tau army to look

Im dyislexic dont hate me for it
Old 26 Jul 2005, 16:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire warrior LG
cool I'm deciding what and how I want my Tau army to look
It's all up to you :P You can choose what you want, but I'll keep away from pink ;D

I didn't do much :-\ I painted my commander in another colour then the rest + a little mod (made his shield active )
and my crisis teams all have diffrent colour of helmets.

Also do you have an idea of how they have to look? Jungle squads (green, with cammo or not), Snow fighters (white) or (I think the normal guys) dessert fighters (brown,yellow).
+ are you good at painting? If not keep it simple. Some guys on this site will give you difficult "assignments" :P

Greetz

Old 26 Jul 2005, 16:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I designed my own Sept icon for my shoulder pads, and covered my Pathfinders in camoflague

~Andromidius
Old 26 Jul 2005, 17:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I put a personalized marking on each FW's helmet for easy recognition - the Shas'ui has loads of extra gear and battered armour, and I converted the heck out of my team medic.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 17:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

My FW's are decked out with imperial stuff, the canteen, knife, &'nades/pistol from the cadian set. (leftovers from Gue'veas'la.).
Three are converted PF's. (add on a barrel to the pulse carbines andn:, viola FW.)
My crisis suits have metal shin guards like the Forge World crisi ones..
Thier legs and arms are pinned so they can move.

2 of my stealtsh are metal modles, the other 4 are coversions. 4 very hard and time consuming conversions.
1)team leader: Smurf chest, BC for right arm, FW 'auspex-DC thingy' for left arm, flamer tanks& chopped lasgun or backpack. FW crouchign legs angled down, mounted on a clear droen stantd. (so it looks liek hes flying/JSJi'ng.
2&3: Cadians, w/visors (so you cvn't see the face& beefy pulse rilfes (Burst cannons), las/flamertank/anteans jetpacks.
3&4 :normal metal stealths.
5&6: Fw/ Cadin conversions, with flmr/las/antena jetpacks, pulse carbines (burst cannons.).

My 4 stealth drones, 2 are normal but the other 2 are armed w/grenade launchers. (mounted in front, not PC moutnig. cut away a bit from the rim to make the GL ammo holders fit into it is very coolio in my opinin, not humbly.. >

My Broadsde...has imact stands in the back. (for brachking.) metal shin guards, jetpacks put on shoulders., upberly awesome posed railguns&more metaly bitsz. and a gundam (Rx-77).head.

Im sorry if this belongs in the conversiosn thread, but...its my personalised tau.

SqurielLord.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 26 Jul 2005, 17:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I haven't started painting mine yet, but I plan to have evil-looking Tau with scab red and chaos black paint and ghostly grey-blood red mix helmet. I'd also have mixed sept symbols to show diversity.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 17:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

my tau have scorched brown fatigues, snot green armour, red eyes. my hammerheads have a snot green/dark angels green/ chaos black camo scheme like: see attachment

Stealth tema is not dark, but is light. I used codex grey, shadow grey, and fortress grey as a ghost like palette.

Etherial is converted from the eldar warlock on p17 of the eldar codex. Stuck him on a crisis suit base with bodyguard fire warrior, and shield drone.

Crisis suits have customised weapon mounts and weapons- it looks like their holding their guns, like a marine would hold his bolter one handed-like. then the poses were costomised, such as one hole drilled into ones belly and legs and head posed as though flying. Other custom jobs exist.

My Kroot have several conversions. snot green kroot have a kroot with a carapace armour plate as leader - hence the name "carapace armour kroot". he's earned a name! Bluekroot have borgkroot as leader. i have him a bionic eye, and composite face plate.

My shas'ui team leaders are customised. One's face is all scarred, anothers is done with a burn effect(wput glue on it, leave for a while, and then scrape off. it messes up the mould, and looks like burned skin!) and a bionic eye like shas'o in the rule book. Lots of customised markerlights exist.

i'm sure i have other customisations, but i cant remember them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hhd_pntd_1.jpg (104.3 KB, 53 views)

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 26 Jul 2005, 19:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The basic colors of my cadre are scaly green and skull white. The broad, flat surfaces of the larger models (Crisis suit and above) lend themselves to white, and the scaly green is a great complementing color. On the FW, white uniforms look amazing peeking out between the segments of carapace armor. The pathfinders have the same scaly green armor, but over kommando khaki uniforms with fortress grey boots and gloves. XV15s are black suits under DA green armor (a common paint scheme, I know!), with scaly green weapons and aerials. Details on most models are picked out in a nicely contrasting red gore. As for making it my own? Easy, I use the female comissar model. In terms of fluff, she's an inquisitor who either deserted the imperium for the greater good, or is attempting to influence the Tau for the good of humanity. In terms of game legality, she's an ethereal.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Closed Thread