Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Custom Tau Septs
Old 11 Jun 2010, 08:36   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Custom Tau Septs

Morning all!

I apologise in advance for my weak search-fu, but I've been unable to turn up anything to solve my quandary:

My favourite part of the hobby has to be the potential for customisation and home-made fluff, that is, the ability of a player to take the quality of Games Workshop's established background and use that information to craft something new and specifically tailored to their desires.

This was best represented for me in the Index Astartes articles made by players who wanted to create their own Space Marine chapters, so, as a player who's looking to start a new Tau army, I was wondering if there are any previously established conventions when creating a Sept.

Are there any blank documents with sections to be filled, eg. Homeworld, Origins, History, Organisation, etc.? Has anyone created some fluff for their own customised Tau Sept or cadre that they could link me to?

I'm quite taken by the Sa'cea Sept, but I'd prefer to have my very own Sept made from scratch, filled with my own characters and history.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks for your time!

Od.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 08:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Custom Tau Septs

You could start a "project log"

Then you can include all the background information, sept colours and other fluff you write, the battles you have fought and you can post pics of your army as you collect, model and paint them squad by squad. Its a good place for that kind of thing.

WHen it comes to campaign kind-of things, there isn't one for Tau (that i know of) that is running at the moment. There was one for Eldar, and there is one for Space Marines. Perhaps you could make a request to someone who wouldnt mind running a campaign?

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2010, 12:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Custom Tau Septs

If you'd like a bit of a starting point, you could always use one of the septs from the codex that doesn't get much in the way of explanation. For example, N'dras, Ksi'm'yen, Fal'shia, D'yanoi, and plenty of others are only mentioned on the one page where they list all the septs and show a map of the Tau sphere. Personally, I took the N'dras sept and ran with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxRifts
Good: Anything that involved making models.
Bad: Anything that involved writing rules for said models.
Shas Vre Sacea Kais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2010, 14:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have made a custom sept/ hunter cadre. I made the background and posted it on fluff/stories.
link:
The Mont'yr - The founding (my army Background)

If that doesn't work type "Mont'yr" into search and click The Mont'yr - the founding (my army background)
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2010, 17:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I've also created my own sept/organization you don't need to go into as deep as you seem to think if you don't want to and you certainly don't need a homeworld my guys don't we live entirely in space in a battlestar galactica type drifter fleet patrolling the Damocles gulf searching for space marines to whoop.

We are the first line of defense against the imperium of man and the spearhead in any future invasions ^_^.

All you need to do is get a piece of paper and a pen and write thats it keep it simple and let i grow naturally over time using your actual battles for fluff
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2010, 08:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

My Army, The Mont'yr (meaning "the bloody" in tau) are fleet-based because there homeworld was destroyed and now there only task is to fight wherever they are needed.

The commander, has a BIG hatred for humans, because they destroyed his homeworld. and he, unlike other tau, thinks that Close combat is nessicary at times and therefore he sees kroot and vespids as equeal citizens of the empire.
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2010, 11:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
My Army, The Mont'yr (meaning "the bloody" in tau) are fleet-based because there homeworld was destroyed and now there only task is to fight wherever they are needed.

The commander, has a BIG hatred for humans, because they destroyed his homeworld. and he, unlike other tau, thinks that Close combat is nessicary at times and therefore he sees kroot and vespids as equeal citizens of the empire.

ALL the Tau consider the kroot and vespid equal citizens
Old 18 Dec 2010, 17:25   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The Tau see the Vespids as true equals with a great place in their armies, but the Kroot are not fully trusted yet. First off, the Tau are disgusted at their flesh-eating ways, secondly, the Kroot are mercenaries and are just as likely to be fighting against the Tau as with them. I just read the fluff in the codex straight through and that's what it said about the Kroot and Vespid.
DangerousFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2010, 17:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Just because the Tau are disgusted by the kroot and it's possible they may fight against them doesn't make the ones in the empire less respected or any less citizens same for humans that may join or any race for that matter.
Old 18 Dec 2010, 21:51   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Pg.16 In the last sentence under the Vespid Stingwings section it says "It is a great compliment that the Fire caste regards the Vespid Stingwings as skillful and reliable allies, an honor yet to be paid to the mercenary Kroot of Pech."

I wasn't inferring anything Anti, the book clearly states that they are not completely accepted by the Tau.
DangerousFat is offline   Reply With Quote