Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Remote Sensor Tower deployment?
Old 08 Jun 2010, 09:39   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Remote Sensor Tower deployment?

Does anyone know how Remote Sensor Towers or Drone Sentry Turrets are deployed? The turrets do have a deep-strike option; but if not deep-striking, how are they fielded?

I've a pair of Sensor Towers on order, so any feedback would be most appreciated.

-Kur'os
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 09:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Remote Sensor Tower deployment?

Id assume just like any regular thing you are deploying. In your deployment Zone.

In planetstrike games, they might (probably would) count as defensive stuff, meaning they wont cost you points if you are a defender

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 13:29   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Perhaps I'm looking too much towards the fluff for my answer...

It just strikes me odd that an early warning/targeting system would be set up in your deployment zone and not forward deployed in the middle of the table.

-Kur'os

Old 08 Jun 2010, 13:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I think fluffwise, they would be more suited for a planetstrike mission rather than a sieze ground mission. Capture and control would mean they would be good for light defenses, on your base objectives.

In planetstrike you can deploy it literally whereever you want. I think that supports your fluff the most, and it being excluded from the regular codex means that you probably will only use it in such expansions

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2010, 02:08   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

All good points, Lord Zambia.

I had planned on using them for Planetstrike from the beginning, but Capture and Control would work nicely as well...

-Kurocyn
Old 11 Jun 2010, 04:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

To add my ten cents (or pence, pesos, yen, or Euros!), you could justify setting the Sensor Towers in your deployment zone by simple virtue of that is where they were when the Tau cavalry arrived.

Tau Early Warning sensors detected <Insert Random Opponent Here>, and notified the local Cadre of the incursion. By the time the Tau forces respond and come on-site, the enemy is within visual range (his own deployment zone).

The Shas Commander on-scene links the Sensor Towers into his own command network, and then proceeds forward with these units as locally provided fire support. One presumes that when the battle is done, he'll leave, and the towers returned to autonomous function.

In other words-- think of the playing field as one small portion of a larger arena of combat. The Tau have just happened upon the sensor units in a just-in-time manner.

Voila!
Zoomer is offline   Reply With Quote