Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Gosh darn plasma!
Closed Thread
Old 24 Jul 2005, 18:34   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Gosh darn plasma!

I'm in the process of magnetizing my crisis suits and their weapons and i would like to have doubles on at least missle pods and plasma for twin linking. The trouble is i cant seem to find just their weapons. I really dont want to spend 20 bucks on a suit i dont really need just for its weapons. Got any suggestions?
Old 24 Jul 2005, 18:52   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Gosh darn plasma!

if you have a tank, you can use the smart missle system as missle pods and it gives you 4 extra missle pods. but you have to use burst cannons on your tank. as for plasmas i dont really know.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 19:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I don't realy understand the question - did you loose them after buying, or can you not identify which is which?
You could try Imperial plasma weapons or building something of your own, Crisis suits are the only PR-wielding models in the Tau army, or if you have trouble telling them apart, the plasmas are the round tubes with the box and nobs at one end and a round dome at the other.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 20:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Use the flamethrower as a substitute, maybe? Of course, the people I play with are fairly easy concerning WYSIWYG, as long as you've got the right model.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 20:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

if you have any BS give them SMs and youse those plasmas.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 21:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Broadsides come with a full crisis team sprue, and very rarely do folks put plasma rifles on them. Otherwise you're out of luck. This is why my army will have a deathrain and a helios-6: they compliment each other (piece-wise) well.

I did mention in the "new units what do you want to see" a crisis team weapon sprue, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. There was a recent auction of a "Bag of Tau Bits" on ebay--watch out fro them as well.

http://RyanCannon.com
Old 25 Jul 2005, 03:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

think of its as a real life cost anti-Powergamer measure... if you really REALLY want twin linked Plasmas on each and every one of your Crisis suits... then you gotta pay out the nose for them.

same if you really want an all Carnifex Army, or Mechanized Guard.

think of it as play balance. it enforces variety, and variety is how it should be. when kitting out your suits, think of the big picture: what if your playing Escalation? what if Take and Hold? you need to be Flexible, unless you plan on playing 'just pile every thing on da table and shoot the udder guy!' games..... which gets old pretty quick
Old 25 Jul 2005, 04:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I don't see a problem with finding a suit-configuration that works well and replicating through your force...seems like the smart move to me. As for variety and flexibility, crisis suits fill a particular niche in the Tau list, and plasma guns fill that niche very well.

I too am low on those cursed plasma rifles, and I've raided all the extras from my broadsides. After seeing one of the new forgeworld suits ( http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/rmyr.htm ), I'm wondering how tough it would be to add a barrel to an existing plasma gun. Not side-by-side, as in the model, but over-under to hide the homemade version to some degree.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 05:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Most tau players invest in a Broadside, that provides plenty of spar weapons.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 07:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

When in doubt CONVERT ;D