Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is this Shas'el "legal"?
Old 05 Jun 2010, 16:44   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Is this Shas'el "legal"?

Hi is this "legal" in a standard game?: twin fusion guns, stim injector, shield drone, gun drone, irridium plateing, positional relay, HW drone controll, HW targ. lock, shield generator, failsafe det, eject sys, multi tracker, advanced stabile sys, on a Shas'el for 213 pts.
Jonathan Roehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2010, 16:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Re: Is this Shas'el "legal"?

Its not

2 Fusion Blaster, A Shield Gen, an Advanced Stabilisation System, A PosRel and a Multi Tracker take up 6 Hardpoints. You only have 3 availiable.

What exactly are you using this Unit for? Id guess Tankhunting due to the Sunforge layout, but why would you add a A.S.S to a crisis suit? they dont need them?

It seems like you've just tried to add everything you can for the sake of it.

What is the purpose of this Shas'El?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2010, 16:58   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Tank hunting and heavy anti vehicle.
Old 05 Jun 2010, 17:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Ok, well the Twin Linked Fusion Blasters are fine.

As i assume you intend to deepstrike in next to a tank in order to kill it, you may want to keep the points down. Add the Shield Gen and leave it at that, as the suit will probably be killed next turn.

If you intend to walk across the field, Iridium Plate and Stims will go along way towards shrugging off small arms fire. Adding 2 Shield Drones will also help here.

Do you have any other Battlesuits? A Shas'El Sunforge is not usually advised, due to the very short life expectancy of a suit that far into enemy lines.

A Single Monat Sunforge would be just as effective and far more disposable.
Quote:
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Old 05 Jun 2010, 18:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

If I want a tank dead, and maybe another one if their lucky; I usually have 3 crisis suits, one is a team leader, equipped with TL Fusion Blasters, Target Arrays, and the Team leader gets a HW Drone Controller plus two shield drones. The two shield drones tend to keep them from going under due to heavy shooting, and the three TL Fusion blasters at BS 4 tend to knock out the heaviest of tanks. and on occasion they also tend to get into melta range through a lucky deepstrike. But that's the problem I have as well, pray to the god you worship should your squad not be in shooting range because they will get hell to pay from whatever retaliation comes their way (it tends to be Leman Russ tanks I'm after and they don't take kindly to my melta weapons)

A safer option, usually in my experience, is a "triple salute" where you take 3 Broadsides with A.S.S. and one of them's a team leader with 2 Shield drones. They have in one game knocked out a Dreadnought a turn, and accounted for the majority of my VP/KP ( I forget which one is 5th ed). They are, in this configuration, a little under 100 points more, but they tend to survive more as well (+2 armor saves do that). If you don't have the models for this, or points, the TL Fusion Blaster team is a good choice.

I very seriously would suggest that you reconsider dropping that many points into a Crisis Suit. They are a magnet for fire, and tend to see a lot of 8 str+ weapons coming their way, so just 1 failed save will take out that very expensive unit. Better to spread those points over a few models and get more shots to boot--in fact the first squad I described to you is less than 200 points, and if its not quite unlucky tends to do the job.

I hoped that helped, and good gaming!
Dreamshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2010, 19:25   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I don't intend to deepstrike though I'm not gonna walk either as I intend to use my other suit with plasma rifle and burst gun with shield gen and possibly another suit with twin burst guns to take down the saves and then use the 'El to take the target down at max or mid range, and have all 3 with shield gens and HW targ locks. But since my "current" concept is "illegal" I'll have redo my plans for the Shas'el.
Old 05 Jun 2010, 19:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Roehm
I don't intend to deepstrike though I'm not gonna walk either as I intend to use my other suit with plasma rifle and burst gun with shield gen and possibly another suit with twin burst guns to take down the saves and then use the 'El to take the target down at max or mid range, and have all 3 with shield gens and HW targ locks. But since my "current" concept is "illegal" I'll have redo my plans for the Shas'el.
This does sound kind of at odds to your Tankhunting role though.

If your looking to take out TEQ and MEQs then a Burst Cannon or Fusion Blaster and a Plasma Rifle are ideal

A Squad of 3 Helios Battlesuits (Fusion/Plasma) and an Attached Aurora El/O (CIB/Plasma Rifle), will give you Enough firepower to take out any Vehicle in the game and enough volume of fire to deal with light hordes and see of any MEQ/TEQ units.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06 Jun 2010, 01:27   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

did you even look at the rules for equipping XV8s before you posted this??

did you even read what each weapon/wargear does??

Iggynous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2010, 02:23   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yes, I did indeed check the rules but I made this thread so that I could understand better and anyone else that might have had the same question. I really appriciate the help and concern for what I wanna accieve with my '8s. I've made realistic (to the rules) loadouts for all 3 XV8 suits and my Shas'El I've named Firestorm and with Wargamer's help made the Tau approximate to the nameand when finished with him, I'll make a background story for him.
Old 06 Jun 2010, 14:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

If you don't intend to walk, or deep strike; how do you intend to deploy them?
Dreamshift is offline   Reply With Quote