Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

got me a XV89 suit!
Closed Thread
Old 22 Jul 2005, 23:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default got me a XV89 suit!

(not sure if this is right forum...)

man i LUV the looks of this thing! this is my Shas'el for SURE.

this is how Crisis suits should look, not quite to toy-ey, not so stapled together.... seamless weapons integration (but still swappable), mecha (but NOT capital Mecha), BEEFY.

i highly reccomend one (you KNOW models are kewl if is spawns a spontaneous Commercial...). its 20 engligh pounds.. which works out to (hmm 20 x 1.7) $34. and to me, since Broadsides are just Crisis with teeny Kit Box (+$10), and Hammerheads are just Devilfish with Kit Sprues (+$20), then the $14 for this is about the same, right?

even though this isnt Modelling forum, (if ok) ill post a pic once its built.
Old 23 Jul 2005, 01:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire
Default Re: got me a XV89 suit!

That sounds really cool. Are there any special rules, or different stats, that you know of? (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 23 Jul 2005, 01:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Utsujin Send a message via MSN to Utsujin Send a message via Yahoo to Utsujin

I beleive it just has more wargear. Either way, it looks a heckuva lot neater..

DH
W:24:2:L:4
Old 23 Jul 2005, 01:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

oh, how rude of me, talking about it without the linking URL....

See further down the page for a working link

as far as i know, no extra kit, just kewlness.... its an 'up-armored' Crisis, but then thatd make it Terminator-armored.. which i think is a bit too much... i would go for +1 Toughness though.
Old 23 Jul 2005, 01:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

the link doesnt work it says

Quote:
This shopping application requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied.
This can be for several different reasons, but they are all under your control:

- you may have disallowed cookies altogether in your browser

- you may have the privacy policy in your browser or internet security software/firewall set to a level that stops cookies from being used by this shopping site

Cookies in this shopping application are used to keep track of your cart contents, remember names and addresses when you ask for them to be remembered and, when relevant, keep you logged on.

Cookies are not used in any way that abuses your privacy or security.

Please change your settings to allow cookies either in your browser or firewall. If you choose not to, I'm afraid that we cannot complete your request.

Please click here to return to the catalog.
or is this only for me ???

Old 23 Jul 2005, 01:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have to say that I like the XV81 over the 89. It looks more graceful to me which is a reason I play the tau in the first place so my $34 goes to the XV81

When children goto bed they check their bedrooms for the boogie man. When the boogie man goes to bed he checks his bedroom for Chuck Norris
Old 23 Jul 2005, 03:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

That pretty much costs the price of a devilfish for me :\

I like the XV89.. Its a normal XV8 with custom arms, legs, and head btw. Thats where the extra parts come in..
Old 23 Jul 2005, 03:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Årtiglio
the link doesnt work it says

or is this only for me ???
umm ya, its only you (im pretty sure).. and others that have a strict Explorer Security setting. basically your computer is set to 'high' security, where 'moderate' level is the one that is... needed.

FYI: a 'Cookie' is a settings thingamajig that lets a website know who 'you' are when you go to their website... unfortunately, 'cookies' can also be used fo EVIL, since they do, in fact let a website into your computer to see who you are.... hence the security levels prohibiting it.

if you dont want to change your security level (if i, in fact scared you with the above FYI, im sorry!) then i guess do a 'blind' address deal by just typing 'www.forgeworld.co.uk' or something similar, itll get you there, im sure. *and enjoy poking around.. its kewl stuff! *;D

Old 23 Jul 2005, 03:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

The link doesn't work because it goes to a search page. That goes all weird too, and that Forgeworld has some strange strange system for linking etc.

Anyway full link here > http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...dTAU_2dD_2d003
Old 23 Jul 2005, 03:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

I got the same error message, only beceause I use fairly high internet protection (with a few of my friends being teh L337 haxxors, who can blame me?)

So far, there are no official rules for the upgraded stats on the new XV-80+ series as I call them. *My guess would be +1T and/or a 2+ armour save... the ability to move and fire heavies would be nice for the 81 and 84, as otherwise the much-touted flexibility of the Crisis is nullified.
Closed Thread