Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What's happening on Arthas Moloch?
Closed Thread
Old 22 Jul 2005, 03:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default What's happening on Arthas Moloch?

What the title says. In the Tau codex Arthas Moloch seems to be a dead artefact world, and somehow off limits among the Tau. It also says that that was where O'Shovah picked up the Dawnblade.

I found another reference in the Tau BFG fleet listing about "the fighting on Arthas Moloch".

Can anyone tell me what is going on there in the current fluff, who is involoved, etc? I want to base my LatD army there but it would seem somewhat stupid to do so if the Tau were in the middle of teraforming it... :
Old 22 Jul 2005, 06:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: What's happening on Arthas Moloch?

Keep your filthy zombies off of my planet!

There is no official fluff either than what you listed. I decided to use the planet as a base for my army due to it's strategic location and the minor bit of fluff left the door open to make stuff up.
It is supposed to be a dead world but dead worlds can still be used as a base of operations, especially if you can find raw material there.
My army is a coalition of septs ( Vior'la, Daly'th, and Sa'cea ) and I have everyone marked with the appropriate symbols.

Chaos would have many good reasons to go to a place like Arthas Moloch, with potentially undiscovered ancient artifacts hidden beneath the surface. The Tau would be an inconvenience but not a reason to cancel a quest, especially one led by a determined Chaos Lord or Daemon Prince.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 13:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ah, thank you for the help... I had a feeling after reading "The Sept Coalition of Arthas Moloch" that you would be the first to gun me down with pulse fire (err... reply to my thread?)

As it stands, the army and its fluff are both WIP but it's more of a traitor regiment basing themselves where they can and taking who and whatever they can find for their ranks than it is an unruly horde from the Eye of Terror.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Spaceknight

Somthing to do with Chaos probally artifacts

Im dyislexic dont hate me for it
Old 22 Jul 2005, 15:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

Popular rumours that I could easily beleive is that the Dawn Blade is some sort of controlling weapon, possibly a daemon weapon - and hence the effects of Commander Farsight. However it is unlikely that GW will bring out any more fluff on this for a while, as they don't really want to take it any where and have chaos/tau armies!

Old 22 Jul 2005, 20:03   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Or it could be the homeworld of a long extinct species. Something like large creatures carrying gigantic swords or something.

Really I don't like people blaming all things on chaos. Not everything has to be evil. Mysterious is also good.
Everyone pointing their finger at chaos when something bad happens feels so prejudiced and standard. It kind of weakens the whole ultimate evil vibe in my eyes.

Remember it's a big universe out their
Old 22 Jul 2005, 20:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

Oh quite! And the beauty of it is that we will never know so GW can always leave us guessing and in suspense about what will happen in the 40k universe - thats becuase no major changes or shifts of power will ever happen!

Old 22 Jul 2005, 21:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Oh quiet! And the beauty of it is that we will never know so GW can always leave us guessing and in suspense about what will happen in the 40k universe - thats becuase no major changes or shifts of power will ever happen!

Your probably wrong there as over time I can see 'major changes' happening to vary the universe and attract more customers, so basically it's just a sales opportunity GW has in it's clutches until it's necessary to unveil it and hey presto... more buzz in the game, more interest and most importantly more money.

That aside I am near enough certain the Dawn Blade has previously been discussed so if any of you are after more speculation then just use the Search button in the top left corner of the page...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! That’s the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Closed Thread