-2 pathfinders with rails
-3 crisissuits with magnets
-1 hammerhead
-8drons
-4trees
-2 drons that acombany the crisis suits
-1 small building
-1home made semi bunker so the top is open
and -1blockade of bariles and dirtthat makes a banana shape kind of and can olny fit like 4 units on it
"they got ded big shooty guns dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz,coz you anit gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough ta crump em"

warlord skarmork the great despolier
Old 21 Jul 2005, 12:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: halping a noob

One suggestion is to use the spell check. But be warned that the spell checker needs to then be checked or it leaves words tied together.

My standard advice is to buy the codex. You already have the necessary troops for standard missions (1 HQ and 2 Troops), but you need to understand the relationship between the various types of units and how they mutually support each other. Some things seem strong but are weak, while some things seem weak but are actually very strong. The codex will give you the fluff needed, as well as what goes where on the org chart.

If you are just diplaying your forces, congrats you are on your way to a full army. Already you have what looks to be around 1000 points though slightly out of balance.

if you are asking "what next" then I suggest a couple of devilfish. One for your pathfinders (you'll need some more of those without RR), but more importantly you'll want them for your FW if you plan on mech Tau tactics like the FoF (fish of fury).

If you are asking how to organize what you have, then I refer you back to "buy the codex".

Anyway, welcome. Look forward to hearing of your battles.

Wanax
Old 21 Jul 2005, 14:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaso Wanax
One suggestion is to use the spell check.* But be warned that the spell checker needs to then be checked or it leaves words tied together.

My standard advice is to buy the codex.* You already have the necessary troops for standard missions (1 HQ and 2 Troops), but you need to understand the relationship between the various types of units and how they mutually support each other.* Some things seem strong but are weak, while some things seem weak but are actually very strong.* The codex will give you the fluff needed, as well as what goes where on the org chart.

If you are just diplaying your forces, congrats you are on your way to a full army.* Already you have what looks to be around 1000 points though slightly out of balance.

if you are asking "what next" then I suggest a couple of devilfish.* One for your pathfinders (you'll need some more of those without RR), but more importantly you'll want them for your FW if you plan on mech Tau tactics like the FoF (fish of fury).

If you are asking how to organize what you have, then I refer you back to "buy the codex".

Anyway, welcome.* Look forward to hearing of your battles.

Wanax
i already hafe a codex and the rule book i just want to know wat i should buy next and some tips
"they got ded big shooty guns dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz,coz you anit gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough ta crump em"

Old 21 Jul 2005, 15:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

K, my two quattloos:

Buy at least 12 more fire Warriors (FW). You'll want more than one squad of these guys on the field.

Buy a couple of DF for your FW. Drop the pathfinders for 1000pt or less game, as they really don't have much to do and you don't have enough of them for a squad yet anyway. You had mentioned a desire to go mech Tau with the FoF manuver, and two DF will give you this.

The kroot are nice but not reliable in all instances. They need trees to be at their best. No need to expand these yet. I'd advise against krootox, but hounds might be fun.

Combine all the drones into squadrons if you are going to use them. Otherwise, be careful in allocating them to suits (the majority rule might bite you).

Buy some stealth suits. These guys rock. They mostly occupy enemy attention while your FW do the FoF or shoot. But they do get to shoot things up at 18", they jump/shoot/jump thus should stay around 24" from enemy.

That's it: 12 FW, 2 DF, 5-6 stealth. With the troops you already have (12 FW, 12 kroot, 3 xv8, and HH) you're nearly complete for mech Tau 1000 points.

Wanax
Old 21 Jul 2005, 15:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thx that helps but you know the steath y do you have to be 24" away

Old 21 Jul 2005, 15:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Stay 24" away. Jump forward 6" shoot at 18", then jump back during assault phase 6".

wanax
Old 21 Jul 2005, 15:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

you know that helping is spelt with an e right? :

Old 21 Jul 2005, 15:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artiglio
you know that helping is spelt with an e right? :
ya but i was in a rush because im going to gw now

Old 21 Jul 2005, 16:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Could you please not double-post?
Also, can we stay on topic?
If you want to ask such things, just look at the introductary topic, or PM someone.
And could you use proper spelling and grammer, as it's very difficult to read what you say, and you're truly one to make perfectly fine text into an illegible mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
She said she can't die! She's survive even if you roast her or bake her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Should we try to boil her or fry her instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
It's foolish for people to go out on a night like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
Who?
Quote:
I'm talking about you.
Quote:
No, I'm not asking who's a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari
So you're admitting to being a fool?
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumishi
Could you please not double-post?
Also, can we stay on topic?
If you want to ask such things, just look at the introductary topic, or PM someone.
And could you use proper spelling and grammer, as it's very difficult to read what you say, and you're truly one to make perfectly fine text into an illegible mess.
well you stop spaming you say this all the time now back on topic can you help
I am not spamming. I am only telling you some suggestions of etiquette for posting.
Also, there is little more to say currently, as all you have asked is what should be added to your list currently, which at the same time, the question was not clear at the beginning, as all you did was post your current army list.
That question has already been answered, with multiple different viewpoints. I do not see the point of keeping this topic open, unless if you ask another question pertaining to your army list, either being how to use it, or different strategies that you might suggest for using this list.

Also, before you post, please check the search function just to make sure someone else hasn't already asked the same question. I am not saying you did not do this last one, but it is simply a suggestion that most new posters do not think about initially.

I understand I am not a mod, but however, I would like to observe a stronger restraint of flaming other people, as well as a better use of the English language, as a spellcheck is within the forum systems, and grammer is not very difficult to utilise properly.

I am sorry if I sound like a jerk, but this is my views, and if there nothing further to discuss within this topic, I suggest you let it die, or just plain lock it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
She said she can't die! She's survive even if you roast her or bake her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Should we try to boil her or fry her instead?
Quote:
It's foolish for people to go out on a night like this.
Quote:
Who?
Quote:
I'm talking about you.
Quote:
No, I'm not asking who's a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari
So you're admitting to being a fool?