Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Heavy Gun Drones
Closed Thread
Old 18 Jul 2005, 01:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau Heavy Gun Drones

Hi to all!
I'm a newbye in Tau Universe, so I hope you'll apologize me if my question has alredy an answer =)
Can I use the Heavy Gun drones instead of normal Weapon Drones in my squadron?
Old 18 Jul 2005, 01:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.
Default Re: Tau Heavy Gun Drones

Im not sure. Try to see if Forge world ahs anf GW-backed up rulligns on the genral sueages of HGD'sn so we willknow for sure. jsut my ideas!>/;//

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 18 Jul 2005, 01:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Only if Forge World rules are allowed - in regular games they are not permitted.

~Andromidius
Old 18 Jul 2005, 02:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunnenNaz
Hi to all!
I'm a newbye in Tau Universe, so I hope you'll apologize me if my question has alredy an answer =)
Can I use the Heavy Gun drones instead of normal Weapon Drones in my squadron?
I'm not sure what you are asking. Can you use the models in official play as drones? Or can you use the actual figures in official play?

If you're not talking tournaments, then just ask the guys you play with if it's cool. There shouldn't be a problem, and if there is just show them the stats.
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 18 Jul 2005, 02:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqurielLord
Im not sure. Try to see if Forge world ahs anf GW-backed up rulligns on the genral sueages of HGD'sn so we willknow for sure. jsut my ideas!>/;//
Uh, I think you shouldn't try to touch type :P

Regarding the original question, Probably not, I think Heavy Gun drones work as a squad themselves, not replacing other drones. However, you'll need to find a copy of Imperial Armour Update 2004, Or contact someone who has it, to find out the specific rules.

Keep in mind that the Heavy Gun Drones are Forge World Models, and so have their own rules that are semi-official (they're official rules from forgeworld, but can't be used in normal games/tournaments etc without opponent/judges consent etc). As a result, Forge World models are usually separate units from the rest of the GW range.

This thread might help > http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=7313.0 < as it briefly discusses heavy gun drones.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 04:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

as i understand them, even the forge world Hvy gun drones are Sentry drones... you know, Sentries for Raid missions (i think).. not to be confused with Goon Squads in Kill Team
Old 18 Jul 2005, 04:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromidius
Only if Forge World rules are allowed - in regular games they are not permitted.

~Andromidius
Who do you play with? Official Rogue Trader tournaments usually allow Forge World models. My local shop does, and here are more examples online:

Do a Google search, you'll find a ton; they all say "Imperial Armor is allowed."

The only tournaments which seem to explicitly disallow Forge World models are the Games Workshop Grand Tournaments, of which there are only a handful each year. If someone you play with refuses to allow published FW rules, I would seriously question their sportsmanship; it's a jerk thing to do.

I'm so tired of this myth going around. Can we get Mythbusters on it, or do they need to blow something up first? Any else want to volunteer to find the RTT suggested rules on the GW web site?

http://RyanCannon.com
Closed Thread