Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new (official) tau unit?
Closed Thread
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default new (official) tau unit?

just checked WarSeer, the new version of portent.

thry have this little beauty up, supposedly appearing in a new codex, possilby the tau.

behold the Vespid!
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6736

it seems this dude is a new ally to the tau, which means the rumours of a new tau dex, or update are given more credability.

Bear in mid though, this is just a concept sketch, and as such may not resemble the final product/unit, if it is indeed such a new unit. Roberto Cirilloe is supposedly the artist

I figured this belonged in tau, as opposed to rumours, as it is almost concrete. And though there are several "what new units do tau need?" threads, this one does seem to be different. let it live, for a while anyway mods!
enjoy!

OK, this dude looks like a fast mean close combat dude with what looks like a flamer, or close range gun. Ive heard rumours that the new tau ally would be a(a) dedicated assault unit and (b) winged, so this seems to me to be quite real, and not just a hoax.

All i say is I like him, a lot!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via Yahoo to soloplumber
Default Re: new (official) tau unit?

WoW neato, I'd feild some'o' dem grasshoppa's!
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Vespid is norweigan for Wasp, i think.

Im just glad they're moving away from the fish theme! ;D

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:26   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well, we are approaching the time when rumors about whatever is after Black Templar should be showing up in force. Hard to tell with the newly tight-lipped GW, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see official confirmation within a month or two.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

wicked looking. and with wing they will probably count as jump pact troops so if they are CC they will be exellent on the assault. and if they are long range the mobility would be a greatr help

When children goto bed they check their bedrooms for the boogie man. When the boogie man goes to bed he checks his bedroom for Chuck Norris
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I'd imagine they would work like Seraphims. Jump packs and good at really close range fire-fights.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:40   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I'm with Veq: Tau don't do assault, and the Kroot fill that niche for them. However, a unit that can move 12" then rapid-fire the enemy at close range is something the force lacks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

maybe a balance unit that can shoot well enough to stay alive anf fight decently when it comes to that

When children goto bed they check their bedrooms for the boogie man. When the boogie man goes to bed he checks his bedroom for Chuck Norris
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:49   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Joris

Well this is a concept sketch so don't get your hopes up to much. But i'm quit sure it's the real deal here! 8) The drawing is signed "RC" witch could can stand for "Roberto Cirillo". The same guy hoe designed the new Tyranids. If you take the time to inspect the drawings on the GW Tyranide page you will find that in the bottom right the drawings are signed "RC" aswell. Even the drawing style is very similar. But of it is tru that they put this guy on the job, i'm going to look for new Tau miniatures with a lot of impatients!!!
Old 17 Jul 2005, 21:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

this could raound out the tau
FW all shoot no assault
Kroot all assault no shoot
these guys total mix
but i agree we should wait till they come to fruitition

Closed Thread