Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Taros Campaign: official stuff!
Closed Thread
Old 15 Jul 2005, 16:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default The Taros Campaign: official stuff!

'Imperial Armour Volume Three - The Taros Campaign'
In our last newsletter we gave you a few pieces of information about ‘Imperial Armour Volume Three - The Taros Campaign and I said I hoped to be able to show you more and give you the release date in the next issue. Here it is folks! Imperial Armour Volume Three - The Taros Campaign is available to pre-order right now, both online and over the phone. This huge 320 page hardback, our biggest book to date, is released from Monday August 15th and orders will be sent out that week. As an added bonus, the first 250 copies pre-ordered will be signed by the authors, Warwick Kinrade and Tony Cottrell. So lets tell you a bit more about the book shall we? After Abaddons Black Crusade has ravaged Cadia forge world Stygies VIII is required to increase production. After checking Imperial archives to find mining planets with large reserves the planet of Taros is listed. Auditor-Prime Dree is despatched to Taros to investigate the quantity and quality of resources available and to increase production, but after several meetings with planetary officials he finds many ore deposits had been mined out. Dree gathers all the information he has gathered and deduces that Taros has been over-producing for years and that all the additional ore had been directed to the capital city whereupon it disappeared. Whilst on a routine anti-pirate sweep near the Damocles Gulf, an Imperial Navy patrol find a Tau Way Station and several Tau transport vessels. The Navy patrol intercepts the transports and attacks the Way Station. The transports are not carrying any cargo but investigation shows their last port of call was Taros. When this information is added to Auditor-Prime Drees report it is obvious that the Planetary Governor of Taros has consorted with aliens and is guilty of heresy. A strike force is hastily raised and the initial assault to remove the Planetary Governor and re-establish strict control over this vital system is lead by elements of the Avenging Sons Space Marine Chapter. After a successful Drop Pod assault they discover that the Governor has already been 'removed' by the Tau who are already occupying the planet in force The bloody battles of the Taros Campaign follow swiftly. Want to see a bit more of the book? The link below will take you to a series of web pages where you will be able to see 9 page spreads from various sections of the book. Enjoy.

Listings
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/imparm3.htm
Online Store (£55)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalo..._STUFF__11.html
Sample Pages
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/imparm31.htm

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/imparm32.htm

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/imparm33.htm

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Jul 2005, 16:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: Taros:

Yeh I got the news letter today, gives you a little background fluff.

Still.........£55, thats so steep. They have even put the price up on IAVOL1 & 2. But I know i'm gonna buy this one because I have the others.

Anyway, still looks like a nice book.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 17:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to Tonya
Default Re: The Taros Campaign: official stuff!

Well, they put Tau on the cover, and it is primarily about Tau, So I can shill out the money. Looks like its gonna include ALL the rules for ALL the F.W. Tau units to date, so, that makes it worth it for me, as that 2004 update book is a pain to find.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 18:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Will the Torous Campaign be in Armor or will it be it's own book?
(Codex Armagedon)
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 19:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

that so cool im geting one ;D

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 15 Jul 2005, 19:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY

That stuff looks awesome. Will it be usable in the US though, at all the different types of tournaments, or will it only be able to be used at certain tournaments?
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
Old 15 Jul 2005, 20:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

FW rules on the whole are not legal in offical GW tournies.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 22:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

how are we youngbloods supposed to come up with 55 GBP!? That's alt least ....////
xe.com Universal Currency Converter ® Results
Live mid-market rates as of 2005.07.15 22:00:43 UTC.
55.00 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds = 96.2835 USD
United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.75061 USD 1 USD = 0.571230 GBP
Save money with XEtrade on-line foreign exchange by XE.com. Click here for the best rates... guaranteed !!

I DONT HAVE 100!)))USD!!!! I am a freshman on vacation!./!!!!!!!!!

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 16 Jul 2005, 00:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Just read the news this morning..

Its $130 AUS... the price of two hammerhead tanks here.. and thats not including shipping etc :s
Old 16 Jul 2005, 03:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aquila_XV8

I think ill wait till the price goes down. damn, just remembered, GW prices only ever go up, not down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Welcome to the Navy, Chevron.

Longest Ever Maiden Chain: 55
Closed Thread