Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!
Reply
Old 08 Feb 2010, 20:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to BKZer0
Default Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

Hummm... This will give me a morning project cause I don't really feel like working yet.

Here or some pictures of what each piece representing each piece in the Tau armory. If the piece doesn't exist, I will try and show some examples in common use. I will also tell you where to get the piece.

Battlesuit Armory

Battlesuit Weapons Systems

Rail gun (XV-88)

this is a 1-Piece metal bit. 2 come in every broadside kit.

Smart missile system (XV-88)

this is a 2-Piece metal bit. 2 come in every broadside kit.

Airbursting fragmentation projector

This is a 2-piece metal bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit commander kit.

Burst Cannon

There are 2 versions of the burst cannon. [Version.1](left) is a 2-piece plastic bit, and [version.2](right) is a 3-piece plastic bit. 1 [version.1] comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit. You get 3 of the [version.2] in every Stealthsuit kit.

Cyclic ion blaster

This is a 2-piece metal bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit commander kit.

Flamer

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit.

Fusion blaster

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, Broadside, and Stealthsuit kit.

Missile pod

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit.

Plasma rifle

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit.

Battlesuit Support Systems

Advanced stabilisation system
There is no official bit for this system. Some people have added gyroscopes to their suits to represent the piece.
Examples:


Blacksun filter
There is no official bit for this system. Extra bits are often added to the head to represent the piece.
Examples:


Command & control node

This is a 1-piece metal bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit commander kit.

Drone controller

There are 2 versions. [Version.1](left) This is a 2-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Stealthsuit kit. [version.2](Right) This is an optional arm. 3 come in every Firewarrior kit.

Multi-tracker

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit.

Positional relay

This is a 1-piece metal bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit commander kit.

Shield generator

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit.

Target lock

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit.

Targeting array
There is no official bit for this system. Typically the sensor on the front of a Hammerhead/Skyray is used for representation. Sometimes a multi-tracker or target lock is used to represent the piece.
Examples:


Vectored retro-thrusters
There is no official bit for this system. Some people modify the Jet pack to represent the system.
Examples:


Battlesuit Wargear

Bonding Knife

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 3 come in every Firewarrior kit.

Ejection system
There is no official bit for this system. Typically this is assumed to be inside the vehicle and therefore not represented.

Failsafe detonator
There is no official bit for this system. Typically this is assumed to be inside the vehicle and therefore not represented.

Gun Drone

This is a small 5 piece kit. 2 come with every devilfish, piranha, crisissuit, and firewarrior kit. Also, there is a gundrone kit that comes with 4.

Iridium Armor
There is no official bit for this system. People usually just add extra armor to their crisis suits. Forgeworld also makes an XV-89 Battlesuit that comes equipped with Iridium Armor.
Examples:


Hard-wired blacksun filter
This is a hard-wired option and therefore does not need to be represented on the model.

Hard-wired drone controller
This is a hard-wired option and therefore does not need to be represented on the model.

Hard-wired multi-tracker
This is a hard-wired option and therefore does not need to be represented on the model.

Hard-wired target lock
This is a hard-wired option and therefore does not need to be represented on the model.

Marker Drone

This is a small 6 piece kit. 1 comes in every Stealthsuit kit.

Shield Drone

This is a small 4 piece kit. 2 come in every Commander Shadowsun kit. 1 comes in the Shas'ui Stealthsuit and the Shas'ui Pathfinder kit. Also, there is an upgrade kit the converts 4 gundrones into shield drones.

Stimulant injector
There is no official bit for this system. Typically this is assumed to be inside the vehicle and therefore not represented.


Infantry Armory

Infantry Wargear

Marker light

There is no official bit for this system. Pathfinders come pre-equiped with one.

Pulse rifle

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. Each fire warrior kit comes with more then enough for the entire squad (15 on arms, and 3 loose).

Pulse carbine

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. Each fire warrior kit comes with several (6 on arms, and 3 loose). Pathfinders are also equipped with them.

Pulse Pistol
There is no official bit for this system. However Forgeworld Makes a kit that includes them.
Examples:

Some people shorten a rifle or carbine to represent the piece.
Examples:


Photon grenades

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 12 come in every Firewarrior kit.

Bonding Knife

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 3 come in every Firewarrior kit.

EMP grenades

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. This is an optional arm. 3 come in every Firewarrior kit.

Rail Rifle

There is no official bit for this system. There are 2 versions of the rail rifle. [Version.1](left) comes pre-equiped on a sniper drone, and [version.2](right) comes pre-equiped on each pathfinder sniper.

Honor blade

There is no official bit for this system. Tau Ethereals come pre-equiped with one.

Kroot rifle

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. Each kroot kit comes with more then enough for the entire squad (24 on arms, and 4 loose).

Kroot gun

There is no official bit for this system. Krootox come pre-equiped with one.

Neutron blaster

There is no official bit for this system. Vispids come pre-equiped with one each.

Hard-wired blacksun filter
This is a hard-wired option and therefore does not need to be represented on the model.

Hard-wired drone controller
This is a hard-wired option and therefore does not need to be represented on the model.

Hard-wired multi-tracker
This is a hard-wired option and therefore does not need to be represented on the model.

Hard-wired target lock
This is a hard-wired option and therefore does not need to be represented on the model.

Drone controller

There are 2 versions. [Version.1](left) This is a 2-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Stealthsuit kit. [version.2](Right) This is an optional arm. 3 come in every Firewarrior kit.

Gun Drone

This is a small 5 piece kit. 2 come with every devilfish, piranha, crisissuit, and firewarrior kit. Also, there is a gundrone kit that comes with 4.

Marker Drone

This is a small 6 piece kit. 1 comes in every Stealthsuit kit.

Shield Drone

This is a small 4 piece kit. 2 come in every Commander Shadowsun kit. 1 comes in the Shas'ui Stealthsuit and the Shas'ui Pathfinder kit. Also, there is an upgrade kit the converts 4 gundrones into shield drones.


Vehicle Armory

Vehicle Upgrades

Vehincle Marker light

There is no official bit for this system. They are larger than normal marker lights. skyrays come pre-equiped with two.

Vehicle burst cannon


There are 2 versions of the vehicle burst cannon. They are both larger than normal burst cannons, and are both 2-piece plastic bits. 1 [version.1](left) comes in every devilfish, hammerhead, and skyray kit, and hammerhead and Skyray kits also come with an additional 2. [Version.2](right) Is a shorter version with a dummy back, 1 comes in every piranha kit.

Vehicle Fusion Blaster

This is a 1-Piece bit. 1 comes in every piranha kit.

Smart missile system

this is a 2-Piece bit. 2 come in every skyray and hammerhead kit.

Rail gun

this is a 2-Piece bit. 1 comes in every skyray and hammerhead kit.

Ion cannon

this is a 2-Piece bit. 1 comes in every skyray and hammerhead kit.

Sensor spines

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every devilfish, hammerhead, and skyray kit.

Targeting array
There is no official bit for this system. Typically a multi-tracker or target lock is used to represent the piece.
Examples:


Multi-tracker

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit.

Blacksun filter
There is no official bit for this system. Typically this is assumed to be inside the vehicle and therefore not represented.

Target lock

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every Crisis suit, Crisis suit commander, Commander Farsight, and Broadside kit.

Flechette discharger
There is no official bit for this system. However Forgeworld Makes a vehicle upgrade kit that includes them.
Examples:


Disruption pod
There is no official bit for this system.

decoy launchers
There is no official bit for this system. However Forgeworld Makes a vehicle upgrade kit that includes them.
Examples:


Seeker missile

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in every devilfish, hammerhead, and skyray kit. Skyray kits come with an additional 6 missiles.

Miscellaneous

Objective marker

This is a 1-piece plastic bit. 1 comes in Stealthsuit kit.
__________________
[WIP] D&D Game models (Last Upate: 6/22/2010)
[WIP] Desert Themed Tau Army (Last Upate: 3/4/2010)
Modeling Marker Lights
Desert Base Tutorial
BKZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deployed to Afghanistan
Posts: 414
Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKZer0
Smart missile system (XV-88)

this is a 1-Piece metal bit. 2 come in every broadside kit.
Just thought that I'd help you out a bit. This is actually a two piece kit: The arm with the pod and the missile front to it.

And a note: I'm pretty sure the Fire Warrior arm with what you say is a Drone controller can be used as either that, a Multi-tracker or a Target lock, as I don't know of any place it's specified.
__________________
"Our suits make us look bad-ass, and you know it!"
-XV-15, Dawn of War: Winter Assault mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 06:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Send a message via AIM to Wild
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

To add on for the Iridium Armor, the XV-89 can also be used to represent that.
__________________
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 14:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to BKZer0
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

Updated, and updated.
__________________
[WIP] D&D Game models (Last Upate: 6/22/2010)
[WIP] Desert Themed Tau Army (Last Upate: 3/4/2010)
Modeling Marker Lights
Desert Base Tutorial
BKZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 16:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spring, Tx
Posts: 2,264
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

They should give you a karma cookie for your hard work. I like this threadand found it very informative
__________________
Beware of O'Shova and his furry!
chicop76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 17:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Burgess Hill (Near Brighton)-England
Posts: 1,212
Send a message via MSN to Merqu
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

It's been a while since I made one up but I always thought the Special Issue Weapons were both 1 piece metal bits.

Also on Hammerheads (and Skyrays) The Target Array is shown as the part that replaces the Devilfish Burst Cannon. So for Devilfish I don't know what you could do.

But apart from that pretty dam good stuff!

[i]Edit:- Oh also the part you got listed as the Multi-tracker I always assumed that to be a Drone Controller.
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2010, 00:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,814
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

The CIB is a one piece iirc, the ABF is definitely two parts (the front bit slaps on).
__________________


Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2010, 01:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Éire
Posts: 135
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

Great guide BKZero. This should have been done ages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merqu
[i]Edit:- Oh also the part you got listed as the Multi-tracker I always assumed that to be a Drone Controller.
It's a multi-tracker. I think its in the codex, don't have one handy though.
__________________
Seacht gcéad bliana!!!!!

Go dtí an Maxtreme!!
MrMobiusMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2010, 01:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Posts: 5,841
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

+1 :cookie: definatly.

Very very good job.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
It is (and this is an objective statement, looking at examples over the last century) really ****ing hard to terrorise the British.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2010, 01:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,814
Default Re: Can't Identify Tau Parts? Come And Find Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
+1 :cookie: definatly.

Very very good job.
Oh don't worry, this wasn't stickied without it's due kickback.
__________________


Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't identify parts Tylendal Tau 20 14 Feb 2010 03:52
Can you identify these minis? Thantos Hobby 10 03 May 2009 12:32
Could someone identify this... Chtzi dua ryu ruo Conversion 12 01 Dec 2008 10:17
Hard to find songs: What song and how long does it take for you to find it and ? crisis_vyper Enclave Talk 71 05 Mar 2008 22:01
Need help to identify different BFG ork parts Chton Other GW Games 1 16 Jan 2008 09:17