Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Human Auxiliary Use
Closed Thread
Old 10 Jul 2005, 13:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY
Default Human Auxiliary Use

How many of you guys use our Gue'vesa buddies very often? If so, how? Are they effective when you do use them how you intended? I realize that most consider them useful for tank busting, but I was curious how many people actually use them for this, and what else people use them for, etc. Thanks.

PS - Is there any limit to the number of units you can field (besides the Force Org. Chart)? Ie., only one 1 Human choice per FW squad, etc. Or could you theoretically field 96 Humans (not saying it would be useful)?
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
Old 10 Jul 2005, 13:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff
Default Re: Human Auxiliary Use

Well you have to use at least one fire warrior team. But, I have played wit hthe maximum number before(60), it didn't work very well against orks.
Old 10 Jul 2005, 16:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Commander Cool

In my most recent game against IG, I managed to use gue'vessa to take out a tank before he came in the building with his HQ squad and commissar yarrick. My squad didn't stand a chance.
Old 10 Jul 2005, 22:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShasOJeff
Well you have to use at least one fire warrior team.
I have yet to see a rule that requires a Fire Warrior Team. You must have two troop choices, but that could be divided between Kroot Carnivores, Human Auxiliaries, and Piranha Sqaudrons (except in GW Grand Tournaments, of course). Am I wrong thinking that a Devilfish Troop Carrier can also be taken as a troops choice?

I typically let my humans scramble to some location with good firing lanes early in the game, then use their long-range weapons to take out tough, low-model units. It's a small squad with 2 pulse rifles and a markerlight for only 62 points. They are good at harrassing other units and (hopefully) drawing fire away from more important units.

They're not an excellent choice--guardsmen aren't good in a guardsmen army--any you can't put enough of them on the table to make much of a difference, but if you have a few points to spare and want to get some cheap fire power, give them a try. I personally like the backstory more than anything else, and the conversion challenge.

http://RyanCannon.com
Old 10 Jul 2005, 22:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

there is no limit on the gue'vesa, and no rule yet forcing you to use fire warriors.
i use them all the time when i play.i either 8use them for tank busting or for screening, and usually try to avoid cc, since they have the prefered enemy against them when playintg any imperial army.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 10 Jul 2005, 22:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Skyblazer

Page 34 of the tau codex, next to the picture of the fire warriors, its says you must have one squad of fire warriors.
Old 10 Jul 2005, 22:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
I have yet to see a rule that requires a Fire Warrior Team. You must have two troop choices, but that could be divided between Kroot Carnivores, Human Auxiliaries, and Piranha Sqaudrons (except in GW Grand Tournaments, of course). Am I wrong thinking that a Devilfish Troop Carrier can also be taken as a troops choice?
Ahem. *Note the "1+" listing beside the Fire Warrior infanty listing in the codex.

Gue'Vesa are best as tankbusters with EMP grenades, or just something to fill in the gaps.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 03:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY

Awesome, good looking out Skyblazer and Auin.

Thanks for all the input guys; I too love the fluff behind them, and I can't wait to get my hands on some Cadian and Fire Warrior models for some conversions (Fire Warrior, Cadian, and Armageddon (the psuedo-WWI ones, I think are Armageddon) models are among my favorites. The idea of buying them for just the Markerlight isn't a bad idea either, esp. considering the backup firepower, however little it is.
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
Old 11 Jul 2005, 03:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Armageddon? NO!!!
They are metal models, notoriously difficult to convert and modify... and they are realy a waste for Gue'Vesa, considering they are limited-use, expendible troops. Just my two cents, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money... you can do crraaazzy things with 1 crisis, a firecaste box, and a cadian box... my guys have stuff from triple-barreled pulse-SAWs to gattling lascarbines...
Old 11 Jul 2005, 05:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

lol, no no.* I checked the site after your response; I was referring to the Steel Legion minis that come from Armageddon; I was just commenting that they are armong my favorite infantry minis.* I'd never use pewter to try a conversion with, it would be horridly difficult; unliess I'm mistaken, the Steel Legion minis should be plastic anyway.

Yeah, I can't wait to get around to modeling the Gue'vesa.* I don't think mine will be anything overly beefy, because I like my stuff to look as realistic and close to the rules as possible, but if I pull it off right, they should look pretty cool.
Closed Thread