Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stealth Team Rule Question
Old 04 Jan 2010, 22:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to SeanW
Default Stealth Team Rule Question

Refering to the stealth team army list entry, it says that "Each team member may select one battlesuit support system. If this option is taken, then the rest of the team needs to select a battlesuit support system also".

So is it true that if I use the drone controller, then the rest of the team must pick a battlesuit support system? In your guys opinion, is this a good option to take? I'm new to playing tau, but I do like the sound of the networked markerlight.
SeanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2010, 22:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Default Re: Stealth Team Rule Question

Yes

Should a member of the squad take a Battlesuit Support Sytem, all the others must also. They don't however, have to take the same system.

If you're going to take a Drone Controller, the general consensus is too max out on drones. IDK about that tactic, so I'll let someone else explain it.

I personaly give them all Targeting Arrays, and the Shas'vre a Markerlight, Drone Controller, & 2 Marker Drones.
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2010, 22:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The exception to this is the Team Leader, who can get the option to take a support system without the other having to take one.

But if you do give one of the "normal" suits a support system, you have to give a support system to all of them. This can get very expensive, but allows for some interesting options. Stealth suits with BS4 (way too expensive in my opinion), stealth suits with shield generators (more effective, but again too expensive), etc...

I do use this option sometimes, usually in apocalypse games where I am facing lots of Ork Boyz or Imperial Guard, along with the Nighthunter Stealth Group formation. I take full-strength stealth units with drone controllers and drone controllers for all of them, with two gun drones each, to fully take advantage of the formation rules... It's 1000 points though...
noahfidanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2010, 23:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue'vesa'ui Kor'vesa
The exception to this is the Team Leader, who can get the option to take a support system without the other having to take one.
Incorrect. The Team Leader may take WARGEAR without the rest of the team needing to take a support system, but once the Team Leader takes a Support System, so does the rest of the crew, and vice versa. These are two different sets of equipment with clear delineations between them and who has access to them, even though most of the Wargear acts the same as Support Systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
Charistoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2010, 04:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Also know, if you give everybody the Targetting array, it actually doesn't increase their efficiency in terms of points paid per potential kill.
Das Boogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote