Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Out of Missile Pods, NOW WHAT!?!
Closed Thread
Old 05 Jul 2005, 03:01   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Woger Send a message via Yahoo to Woger
Default Out of Missile Pods, NOW WHAT!?!

Just great, my army list needed 4-6 Missile Pods and now i find out i only get 3!!! My crisis went:

Commander: TL Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, HW Multi-tracker
Crisis1: TL Plasma Rifles, Flamer
Crisis2: TL Missle Pods, Flamer
(all lone)

What should i do to? Get that extra missile pod or change this list so i don't need it?

Notes: I don't have a Broadside and not planning to.
(If u want to see my full 1000pt list, look at my Army List Post)
Old 05 Jul 2005, 03:04   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Out of Missile Pods, NOW WHAT!?!

If you buy a Hammerhead and plan to use Burst Cannons, you effectively get four Missile Pods (that would normally form the SMS).
Old 05 Jul 2005, 03:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well, I don't know how hardline people are with wysiwyg over there, but here, I just use a single missile pod, and just tell my opponent it's twin linked.

I'm not about to spend about as much money as I did on the crisis suit in the *first place* just to give it super-acurate modeling.

Also, my suits are modular. If I don't field one, I can use it's weapon for twin-linking on the suit I field. Not a perfect solution, but it works.
Old 05 Jul 2005, 11:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Claw

y not try makin one out of green stuf. i dont think it would be that hard just a square and 3 balls. plus green stuff is easy to cut when its hard.
Reap
stoner Rabbit
Old 05 Jul 2005, 15:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawgmoth1111
Well, I don't know how hardline people are with wysiwyg over there, but here, I just use a single missile pod, and just tell my opponent it's twin linked.

I'm not about to spend about as much money as I did on the crisis suit in the *first place* just to give it super-acurate modeling.

Also, my suits are modular. If I don't field one, I can use it's weapon for twin-linking on the suit I field. Not a perfect solution, but it works.
you idea good most of the time i dont have to put stuff on my crisis because it take to long to get every on so i just tell them at the begining of the game what they have

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 05 Jul 2005, 15:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff

If I were you, I'd by a crisis suit weapon sprue or two. You can order individual sprues out of the catalog I believe. It's not too expensive and you get other extra weapons. Or, if you really wanted one, you could buy one of the Forge World batllesuits. All of its weapons come in resin, however, it still includes the sprue with all the normal crisis weapons on it. You'd have a cool commander and A few extra guns.
Old 05 Jul 2005, 15:47   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Woger Send a message via Yahoo to Woger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShasOJeff
If I were you, I'd by a crisis suit weapon sprue or two. You can order individual sprues out of the catalog I believe. It's not too expensive and you get other extra weapons.
Well, good thinking. But there's no such thing. THe crisis suit comes in only 1 sprue. And buying that would cost more than buying an extra crisis suit (stupid GW : ). If u mean buying the weapons individualy, then the answer to that is no. (GW said they don't) And with forge world, well... god idea, i'll think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Claw
y not try makin one out of green stuf.* i dont think it would be that hard just a square and 3 balls.* plus green stuff is easy to cut when its hard.*
u don't think???? Actually, it'll be pretty hard. And won't come as nice. If u can do it, show me a picture, i'll be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
If you buy a Hammerhead and plan to use Burst Cannons, you effectively get four Missile Pods (that would normally form the SMS).
I checked and the SMS missile pods are somewhat different. But the handy knife would fix that. Great idea.
Old 05 Jul 2005, 16:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff

I coulda sworn that crisis suits come in more than one sprue. Well, feel free to correct me. And if it is just one sprue, that would be quite expensive. Why did they have to make crisis suits cost $20?
Old 05 Jul 2005, 16:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

BS can be a great addition as an extra Railgun on the board. Plus it has the extra weapons. Other than that, it is hard to get Missile Pods.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 05 Jul 2005, 18:38   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShasOJeff
I coulda sworn that crisis suits come in more than one sprue. Well, feel free to correct me. And if it is just one sprue, that would be quite expensive. Why did they have to make crisis suits cost $20?
The Tau Battlesuit sprue is one large piece, but they cut it in half to fit it into the smaller box for the Crisis boxed set.* So you are both right.* *
Unfortunately, mail order considers it a single sprue, so you can't buy only half.* The weapons (including the two parts of the burst cannon), are evenly distributed between the two halves.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...005&orignav=10
Closed Thread