Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Searching for a Background for a strange match.
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jul 2005, 12:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Searching for a Background for a strange match.

Hi all 8)

I'm gonna play with my friends a strange match.
It's a cityfight battle with 6 players... free for all, objective capture the tower.
The 6 players are: Tau (mine! 8)), Necron, GI, Blood Angels; tyranids, Iron Warriors.

Can you suggest me a background for this battle?

Bye :P

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 03 Jul 2005, 12:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Re: Searching for a Background for a strange match.

what are GI?

Hmm, well the tower could be on an abandoned world, decimated by a tyranid attack and containing important imperial secrets...

Its on the borders of a Tau world...and also there is an abandoned Necron tomb (or so you thought) underneath the city. Marines coming to survey the damage find survivors who tell of the tower, and lauch a rescue party. However the world is now swarming with Tyranids. These Tyranids are beating back the marines easily, and also Tau - therefore the marines enlist the Tau to help them too, but as both armies ascend upon the tower and the Tau learn what is in it the alleigence breaks.

How the Iron Warriors come into this I am not sure yet...

Old 03 Jul 2005, 13:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

I think he meant IG.

For the IG they could be a recon force scouting for the location of the tower. and the iron warriors were 'stalking' the SM trying to find the tower. I like the necron tomb and the tau/SM allience thing. the tyranids idea is a bit interesting though. you could twist it many ways if you used these ideas to come up with somthing.
Old 03 Jul 2005, 13:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hmmm.

The Tower houses an ancient astronomical guidance and communications center, a massive artificial intellegence computer dating back to the golden age of the great Eldar empires. When the Eldar began their slow slide into decadece and decay, this great guiding beacon was forgotten, or simply left to rot when ti suffered some great cosmic disaster; automated, it performed an emergency shutdown and prepared to send out a "beacon" to call for assistance from the Eldar Telecommunications Repair Teams. (Or what have ye. )

However, the cosmic storm obliterated the communications relays and, worse still, disrupted all webway contact. The Tower, working virtually on automatic, had to search for another means of gleaning aid from the Empire. Though it took the machine ages, it finally managed to assemble a powerful psion beacon and sensor array. Robot probe-relays with limited warp-travel capabilities were constructed and launched to increase the range and strength of the psy-beacon.

The problem comes into play that the Computer, exposed to a torrent of cosmic rays over centuries, no longer "remembers" exactly who it belongs to, or what protocols are needed for the rescue team. It knows it "has" to be rescued, and with that in mind attempts to contact anyone and everyone it can.

To the Imperium of Man, the machine's calls are like the Voice of the Omnissiah, a living avatar of the Machine God giving summons. Imperial Guard and Space Marines could be dispatched with all due haste to secure and claim this ancient relic of the past for their own uses, perhaps thinking it is an ancient, intellegent STC computer. Likewise, the Tau may simply discover one of the probes and recognize an opportunity impossible to ignore.

To the Necrons, inscrutible as they are, the Tower may simply be a new key to unravelling an ancient, evil scheme. Perhaps one of the Stargods thinks they can use the Tower's own beacon, suitably magnified, to disrupt or destroy the Astronomicon of Earth. The Iron Warriors might have the same scheme, intending to use the Tower's awesome abilities to throw off Imperial fleets, luring them into ambushes and destroying worlds at will, simply by giving the enemy Fleets the wrong directions, forcing them to fight and fly almost blind.

As for the Tyranids.... the psy-beacon was at first a shadow on the hive-mind, but as more probe relays are dispatched, that shadow has become a gleaming beacon, a powerful force. In essence, the Hive Mind sees the Tower as an "enemy" Hive Mind, an opponent equal to itself and growing exponentially. Like any threatened predator, the Tyranids have decided to strike first while they are stronger, and devour this new organism, assimilating it into itself. (Whether it can or not is a moot point; the Tower would likely be destroyed in the attempt.)

How's this work for you?
Old 03 Jul 2005, 13:35   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglim
Hi all* 8)

It's a cityfight battle with 6 players... free for all, objective capture the tower.
The 6 players are: Tau (mine! 8)), Necron, GI, Blood Angels; tyranids, Iron Warriors.

Bye* :P
TAU: They claimed the colony as theirs, but it was clear the locals wouldn't listen. In order to break the Imperial defenders, they need to control key areas. Holding the High Ground will give them superior firing positions, and aid their attempts to take the city.

NECRONS: The colony was originally founded as an archaeological survey world. Nobody ever gave much thought to how or why the original explorers vanished without trace; it's a hostile universe, these things happen.
Now, as battle begins to rage above, the Necrons awaken...

IMPERIAL GUARD: The PDF of the planet have been fighting a desperate battle to stop the Tau invaders. They know that if the High Ground is taken, the Tau will have total dominance of the area, and they will be unable to press any counterattack without risking horrendous casualties. They must take the high ground to maintain tactical superiority in the theatre.

BLOOD ANGELS: The Imperial Guard have failed, and their failure is too complete to be purposeful. The Marines shall retake the city by force, and bring Imperial justice to all those found wanting...

TYRANIDS: The Genestealer Cult lurking on the planet reports an influx of new biomatter. Despite the dangers of the battle, the Cult has called in a Vanguard Fleet so that this new Tau biomatter can be consumed and analysed.

IRON WARRIORS: The forces of Chaos have known of the Necron Tomb lurking below the world for some time. Eager to claim and use the technology for themselves, they have waited for the perfect moment to strike. In the midst of a chaotic engagement between the Tau and Imperial forces, Necrons began to awaken and emerge. The Iron Warriors cannot wait any longer; they must strike now or risk losing their prize forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 03 Jul 2005, 20:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglim
Hi all 8)

Bye :P
Thanks a lot (to all)

I like it it sounds very good...
Maybe i will post a report of the battle.... I'll win for the Greater good !

Aglim :P

TAU: They claimed the colony as theirs, but it was clear the locals wouldn't listen. In order to break the Imperial defenders, they need to control key areas. Holding the High Ground will give them superior firing positions, and aid their attempts to take the city.

NECRONS: The colony was originally founded as an archaeological survey world. Nobody ever gave much thought to how or why the original explorers vanished without trace; it's a hostile universe, these things happen.

IMPERIAL GUARD: The PDF of the planet have been fighting a desperate battle to stop the Tau invaders. They know that if the High Ground is taken, the Tau will have total dominance of the area, and they will be unable to press any counterattack without risking horrendous casualties. They must take the high ground to maintain tactical superiority in the theatre.

BLOOD ANGELS: The Imperial Guard have failed, and their failure is too complete to be purposeful. The Marines shall retake the city by force, and bring Imperial justice to all those found wanting...

TYRANIDS: The Genestealer Cult lurking on the planet reports an influx of new biomatter. Despite the dangers of the battle, the Cult has called in a Vanguard Fleet so that this new Tau biomatter can be consumed and analysed.

IRON WARRIORS: The forces of Chaos have known of the Necron Tomb lurking below the world for some time. Eager to claim and use the technology for themselves, they have waited for the perfect moment to strike. In the midst of a chaotic engagement between the Tau and Imperial forces, Necrons began to awaken and emerge. The Iron Warriors cannot wait any longer; they must strike now or risk losing their prize forever.

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 03 Jul 2005, 20:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

yup, well done wargamer, well written scenario to a tricky 6 race battle! Even if it didn't portray the Tau in the best of light!

Oh and good luck with the battle

Old 03 Jul 2005, 21:15   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
yup, well done wargamer, well written scenario to a tricky 6 race battle! Even if it didn't portray the Tau in the best of light!

Oh and good luck with the battle

I am not a member of the Por'hui; it's not my job to lie about the true nature of the Tau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 03 Jul 2005, 21:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hehe, you make me laugh Wargamer but I'm not loading up my fuel cannister on my XV8....

Old 04 Jul 2005, 01:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer

wow that sounds cool how long did it take you to come up with that Wargamer?

Closed Thread