Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Game Results & Observation
Closed Thread
Old 01 Jul 2005, 18:55   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Game Results & Observation

I played a small 400 pt game against a friend of mine yesterday and I ran into a difficult spot. I was beating the crap out of him for the first 3 turns while he slowly trudged his Space Wolves across the table. By the time he got to me he had about 1/3 of his army left. I started feeling kinda sorry for him cause it was his first game, and I didn't kill him mercilessly. That was a big mistake. He nearly beat me, but settled for a draw which I was happy to take. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that Tau tend to either win outrageously or be crushed?
Old 01 Jul 2005, 19:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Game Results & Observation

yeh.. soso, the last game i played was against marrines and i only won by 142 victory points it was pretty close but i had real bad luck tho :P
Old 05 Jul 2005, 18:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff

In a meatgrinder, the Tau tend to either massacre the opposition or be massacred themselves.
In cleanse and take and hold, it tends to be a closer game.
Old 05 Jul 2005, 18:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

win outrageously, or be crushed? well, starting off, i got crushed unmercifully more than once! but that said, i've had a lot more close run games, or games when i was doing really really well, and the other guy just manages to throw a spanner in the works. annoying, but soes not affect me winning. *grumbles about tournament where 2 hammerheads died in the same turn in 2 games. grumble grumble meltaguns, rockets, rokkits and nob power claw that rolled nothing but siexes. grumble*

it happens to every gamer- believe me.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 05 Jul 2005, 20:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yea, yaknow what? i noticed that myself.. theres never any nail biting close games.... either theres none of him left by turn4-5.. or none of ME

while close games are interesting, id prefer to know in my mind that ill annihilate them... or mess up and die. i wont feel cheated, cause ill know I messed up and died... there WILL be that one key "why the heck did i..." when i lose, and thats the way i actually wanna lose....

...not by saying "i tried my best, did everything right, made good die rolls... and i STILL lost?!?"... or "whaddaya mean, Victory Points!?! look at the durn TABLE!"

:P i just confused myself.. could this be classified as optimism???