Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sept Creation
Closed Thread
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Sept Creation

As a player very interested in my beloved Tau army, I want options. So I've been playing around with some ways of simulating the differences expressed in the 'dex fluff between septs. I've looked at the way SMurfs can customize, and I've come up with some cool ideas.

For instance, you can take fighting styles [a vow of sorts].
Hot Blooded (Aka Fior'la Sept): Stop ducking at incoming fire and just concentrate on shooting. All firewarriors may add 1 to the number shown on the dice when rolling to hit. All units firing at a firewarrior squad which has taken this fighting style may also add 1 to the number shown on the dice when rolling to hit. Firewarriors using this fighting style may not take bonuses for cover saves, although LOS rules are unaffected.

What do you think?
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Sept Creation

Good idea. The only prob with your sept ability is that your FW will die without Cover... and die fast.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Claw

and if you used this against SMurfs they would be hitting you on 2+ and wounding on 3+ and that would just be nasty but on the upper hand basic fire warriors would be basical BS4 and thats cool.

Reaper Claw
stoner Rabbit
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff

Farsight came from Vior'la right? And he's all close combat macho right? Well, he must have gotten some training from his hometown. I would suggest giving them furious charge, or close order drill, which can be found in the IG codex. They're are also a notorious fire caste world. Maybe they want to use only the fire caste. Or at least only tau. So no kroot or auxillaries. How does that sound?
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShasOJeff
Farsight came from Vior'la right? And he's all close combat macho right? Well, he must have gotten some training from his hometown. I would suggest giving them furious charge, or close order drill, which can be found in the IG codex. They're are also a notorious fire caste world. Maybe they want to use only the fire caste. Or at least only tau. So no kroot or auxillaries. How does that sound?
furious charge? close order drill? why not give them ws4. 2 attacks basic! oh, and power weapons! > :

there were rumours of a tau septs book a while ago, but they went nowhere. relax, the in-thing at the moment for GW is traits, doctrines etc. tau might get some stuff in Empires.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
furiouse charge is a verteran skill and a SMurf one at that giving it to farsight would be stupid in my opinion.

Reaper Claw
stoner Rabbit
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Furious charge is plain stupid, and COD is out of place.

About the origional idea:
It's a good idea... at first I thought "great, so they get +1 BS. *Broken."
Reading on, though, I realised that it is a great idea, having them very hardheaded and focused.

How about these: *(note - no playtesting done and no points cost yet)
Sa'Cea (Honourable and diciplined Fire Caste): *May reroll Last Man Standing tests and Casualty tests from Shooting, but not in Combat.

Dal'yth (Urban hive world): *Tau ranked Shas'Ui or above may scan if they remain stationary in the movement phase, revealing traps and hidden deployments within a 12" radius as if they had Sensor Spines. *(Sorry if this is redundant, I don't know the rules for Cityfight.)

Tash'Var (suffered heavily from Ork attacks): *Have the Prefered Enemy-Orks rule.

Just a few quick ideas.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 17:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff

The furious charge was not supposed to be for the Farsight enclave, it was supposed to be for the Vior'la sept. Also, I am not one of the people that want to give tau power weapons, ws 4, and make them good at everything. If something is hot-blooded I thought it was safe to assume that they were furious. Marines aren't the only ones that get Furious charge.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 17:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
The furious charge was not supposed to be for the Farsight enclave, it was supposed to be for the Vior'la sept. Also, I am not one of the people that want to give tau power weapons, ws 4, and make them good at everything. If something is hot-blooded I thought it was safe to assume that they were furious. Marines aren't the only ones that get Furious charge.
ture but can you imagin a squad of fire warriors running in to a squad of Khorn breserkers?

Reaper Claw
stoner Rabbit
Old 30 Jun 2005, 17:05   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
. If something is hot-blooded I thought it was safe to assume that they were furious. Marines aren't the only ones that get Furious charge.
they are angry, and aggressive and have a "need" to be at war, or else training to be at war. they'd rather kill their foe than parley with them. and they'd rather blast them to atoms than have to take prisoners. thats their hot-bloodedness. tau don't go Waaaagh! pull out tr bonding knives and start chopping off heads like samurai! ;D

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Closed Thread