Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis Battlesuit shooting
Closed Thread
Old 30 Jun 2005, 10:10   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to flamerfriedkroot
Default Crisis Battlesuit shooting

in the codex on page 17 in Crisis Battlesuit weapons it says "that unless the multi-tracker support system is fitted, Tau battlesuits may only fire a single weapon type each turn.

i didn't know this and comes a great shock to me.

did any of you people know this too?
Old 30 Jun 2005, 10:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Crisis Battlesuit shooting

Yup yup. It justifies the point of paying for the multi-tracker upgrade. So you can send plasma and missles up their backsides...
Old 30 Jun 2005, 12:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Claw

did it not occur to you that reading the rules to the equipment would be a good idea?

stoner Rabbit
Old 30 Jun 2005, 12:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think it's safe to say everyone are aware of how Crisis battlesuits fire. (Well, pretty much everyone anyway...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! That’s the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 30 Jun 2005, 13:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue’vesa451
in the codex on page 17 in Crisis Battlesuit weapons it says "that unless the multi-tracker support system is fitted, Tau battlesuits may only fire a single weapon type each turn.

i didn't know this and comes a great shock to me.

did any of you people know this too?
*raises hand*

Ohhh, Ohh, I knew it, I knew it!

I also knew that Tau Firewarriors have a Ballistic Skill of 3. ;D
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 13:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah and kroot get better in jungle cover ;D

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff

I didn't know any of this. I've never seen a rulebook. All we do is throw our models at each other until someone dies.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

O.o

Ooookkkk...

But when you get a twin linked weapon, such as 2 missle pods, you can still fire both of them. This eliminates the use of a Multi tracker and leaves you with 2 other real options: A target lock, or a drone controller. Both of which are very advantageous on the battlefield. Drones are perfect meatscreens, Target locks allow for multiple enemies to be screwed over by Missle, plasma, and burst fire ;D
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

With TL weapons, you have another few options as well that Ko Vash Shi didn't mention.

A Flamer is very cheap and works as a Horde deterant, just to fill a hardpoint as well.
A Shield Genorator is great for survivability.
Another non-flamer weapon is acceptable for a Team Leader, since they can Hardwire a Multi-Tracker and still fire both.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 19:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Vash Shi
O.o

Ooookkkk...

But when you get a twin linked weapon, such as 2 missle pods, you can still fire both of them. This eliminates the use of a Multi tracker and leaves you with 2 other real options: A target lock, or a drone controller. Both of which are very advantageous on the battlefield. Drones are perfect meatscreens, Target locks allow for multiple enemies to be screwed over by Missle, plasma, and burst fire ;D
Uhmmm...I might be wrong, but I thought a Target Lock allowed a model within a unit to fire at a seperate enemy then the rest of the unit. And as for Multi's...you couldn't fire a MP, PR and BC all at the same time. Multi-trackers only allow for 2 weapons to be fired on a given turn. Unless your just saying that you could have 3 different weapons and only be firing 2 at a time...even then the multi would have to be hard wired. and just to clarify, "when you get a twin linked weapon, such as 2 missle pods, you can still fire both of them. This eliminates the use of a Multi tracker and leaves you with 2 other options", you do mean just one of the two right? Not both, because Twin-Linking does take up two hard points and you only get to reroll to-hit rolls, not actually fire off 4 shots at the same time. This all might be stupid, but I just had to clarify.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
Closed Thread