Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Which color scheme goes to what Sept?
Closed Thread
Old 30 Jun 2005, 04:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to CommanderNightstalker Send a message via Yahoo to CommanderNightstalker
Default Which color scheme goes to what Sept?

As the topic asks, Which color Schme goes to what Sept? So far, there seems to be a general consensus on at least 2 of the Color Schemes:

Skull White/ Chaos Black - Da'lyth
Vomit Brown/Black-ish - T'au

What I want to know is why they didn't list which Septs they were (as in the Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine, and/or Eldar Codices). I know it seems kind of dumb that I ask, but I was just curious.
"Duty. Honor. Vigilance. These are the three values that you of the Shas Caste should have burned within your hearts. To live these values is to be a Fire Warrior of Ta'ran. It is these values that set us apart from our Sept Brethren. With Duty, Honor, and Vigilance on our minds, nothing can stand in our way."

- Commander Nightstalker
Old 30 Jun 2005, 04:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Which color scheme goes to what Sept?

The Tau don't have specific colours for specific armies, beceause unlike SM, CSM, and Eldar there is no difference beween them. Use whichever scheme seems to make sence, although I have heard alot of Vior'la players using more dark reds (such as Farsight). As I said, look at the description of the planet and choose what seems best, also just remember to use the correct Sept Symbol Transfer.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 05:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to CommanderNightstalker Send a message via Yahoo to CommanderNightstalker

technically, there are a lot of straight up Codex Chapters, yet they still have 239485723490 color schemes. I was just trying to set teh record straight on which color scheme went where in the grand scheme of things.
"Duty. Honor. Vigilance. These are the three values that you of the Shas Caste should have burned within your hearts. To live these values is to be a Fire Warrior of Ta'ran. It is these values that set us apart from our Sept Brethren. With Duty, Honor, and Vigilance on our minds, nothing can stand in our way."

- Commander Nightstalker
Old 30 Jun 2005, 05:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The ultimate army has no inner quarrels. If everyone is equal, everyone the same, then why fight amongst themselves? If everyone is equal, it doesnt matter if he has blue armor and you have red. You are all part of one glorious grater good ;D
Old 30 Jun 2005, 07:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to tolson88 Send a message via MSN to tolson88

The Tau don't have specific Sept colors. They fight in camo, much like the IG. So their uniforms would change to match the environment. The Tau are classified as wearing dark brown and vomit brown because T'au is a desert planet. Daly'th's color scheme matches with the urbanised yet clean environment of Dal'yth. So really, just do a little bit of background reading on the particular Sept homeworld, or just do a normal camo scheme.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 15:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff

All the camo and happy-feely stuff makes sense, but according to the paint jobs I've seen here it is. T'au=vomit and vermin brown
Dal'yth=skull white and chaos black
Sa'cea=vomit brown and dark red of some kind
Farsight Enclave=Scab Red
I haven't seen the others.This is by no means based on fact or anything from GW, just what I've seen.