Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Purpuse full Assult
Old 28 Jun 2005, 22:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Purpuse full Assult

I upgraded my 2 Crises comanders to shas' O to assult my enemy (I have only played my cousin) Sm.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2005, 22:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Purpuse full Assult

Couple things to say:* One, this thread lacks a point to it.* Two, that has got to be the stupidest idea I have ever heard.* A Shas'O will be brutalised by a single darn Marine with a Power Weapon, let alone a squad.* Shas'O arn't the best point investment, and also... they have BS5 for a reason... shoot something, damnit!

Edit by RJay: Ahem, try to be civilised please...
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2005, 22:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I do when i assult i spit fame and death P.s. I have a shield gem and drones. Besides i haven't lost yet( Iwas asking for help as I've olny fought 1 guy , But i tripped
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 22:59   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

A Shas'O can hold occasionally his own in close combat with basic troops. He should never be in close-combat of his own accord, however. At least not without a lot of backup. The low intiative and lack of any armor-pentrating close combat weapons will make it difficult for him to do much damage. Space Marines will probably pass their armor saves and kill you given enough time. He could also be far more vulnerable to enemy shooting, since he may be too close to take advantage of being and Independent Character.

Bottom line: A Shas'O is not terrible in Close-Combat, but he is much better at shooting and too expensive to risk rashly.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2005, 23:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have 400 points i needed to fill so i tried it and it works( Khanaris- you've replied eavry reply i give.) are you monitering me.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 23:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

Shas'os are decent in CC, however due to theire points cost and lack of cc weapon (as has been said before), they tend to be a complete waste. However I have used my Shas'O successfully against Orks, who have an extremely low initiative. On that note it took my Shas'o TWO of my own turns of cc to beat a group of 6 grots.......
Old 29 Jun 2005, 00:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Is there really a discussion about this? I dont think anything in a Tau army, except the Kroot, should be NEAR combat!
Ko Vash Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2005, 01:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

It may seem that the Shas'O would be one of the best choices to send into close combat, because he simply is better then the rest of the tau list (except of course kroot). You also have to look at the difference of performance between his shooting abilites and his HTH abilities.

While he can preform decently in HTH, he is practically un-paralled in his shooting prowess. Because both you and your brother are just starting out, you can't have seen the much nastier things avilable to your opponints that will rip you commander to shreds in HTH, notibally eveyone elses commanders, which are usually upgraded to HTH monsters. But be warned thats whats going to happen if you send him into HTH. Just compare what he can do in both the shooting phase, and the assault phase.

4-5 attacks at STR5 that will likely hit on 4+, and lets you opponint get his armor save
Or a barrage of weapons which will hit on 2+, and likely deny any armor saves, as well as leave you commander safe when he jumps back into cover?

I donno, the answer seems pretty obvious to me.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 01:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I think assault should be saved for a unit you can afford to lose, like kroot
Ko Vash Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2005, 04:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Kroot arn't expendible assault troops, esspecially fluffwise.
The Kroot should stay in cover and let themselves be assaulted - thus they make up for their poor initiative... you still get 40 attacks plus hounds and shaper.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote