Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Vs. Tyranids (New Codex)
Closed Thread
Old 27 Jun 2005, 17:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tau Vs. Tyranids (New Codex)

Has anyone had any battles with the Tyranids using the new codex? My friend is fielding the Tyranids and he is predicting a quick demise with my Mech Tau's. Wanted to see if anyone here has any first hand experience and or advice. Thanks,

JPBELLAVANCE
Old 27 Jun 2005, 17:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Tau Vs. Tyranids (New Codex)

I have faced the new Codex, and IMO, it made the Nids better than ever. Some of them move faster or are tougher, while the others stayed the same. Watch out for Hormies cause they can leap now... *Twitch*...

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Vega62a

FWs still own anything that has only 1 wound for the 'nids, (4 to hit, 2 to wound, no save, kids. Bring some Stealths for double the fun), and Crisis suits still skank the bigger guns like lictors. Don't worry about it; it's tough, but if you're good, you can do it like always.

You might want to worry about the Tyrant, though; can't target him through his Tyrant guard anymore.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yea I forgot about that rule. Still cant have a flying Tyrant with gaurd though.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 19:12   #5 (permalink)
UXO
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctum
I have faced the new Codex, and IMO, it made the Nids better than ever. Some of them move faster or are tougher, while the others stayed the same. Watch out for Hormies cause they can leap now... *Twitch*...
Hormies always had the leaping ability. The ones that move faster are the genestealers. They fleet now.

I haven't played a game with the new Tyranid codex yet but I've made up lots of army lists. They look good on paper.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 23:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i wound like to see some report on this too ;D

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 28 Jun 2005, 01:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I watched a game pitting Tau on Nids yesterday, The Tau Player effectivley used his Firewarriors as a suppressive fire to take down some uglies, and his crisis teams were equipped with Burst Cannons and Plasma rifles, and Multi Trackers of course. His Broadsides were set up at the very back of his fire line, and they had Smart Missle Systems. The Broadsides took out all the big stuff, (Im too lazy to name them), and the Fire warriors managed to kill most of the advancing horde. (A squad of Kroot was waiting in the midst of the FWs to spring onto the remaining Nids). The Crisis teams Tried to move out at the beginning, and find a Covered spot to Hop in and out of, but after one of them took it in the face from a Venom Cannon, He deciced they were better hidden behind the meatscreen. So His deployment went a bit like this: Broadsides Behind Crisissuits Behind Firewarriors Behind Kroot.

I didnt get a chance to see the outcome, but before I left I saw the Nid player start crying as he took a large handful of bugs off the board, and so I assume the Tau won.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 02:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

In a multi-army battle, I didn't see anything too much worth worrying about. Granted the player was inexperienced and baring some oddities (like a three-man stealth team losing combat to three hormaguants by failing 3 out of 4 armor saves and a single drone pinning an entire squad of *guants). Mind you, with all of the scuttlers, leaping and fleetness, you better bring some carbines or shoot very well in the first turn, because otherwise you'll get eaten in the second.

Devilfish are also a blessing, because unlike most SMurf squads, most 'Nids don't give anything that can threaten a tank to their basic troopers.

http://RyanCannon.com
Old 28 Jun 2005, 02:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yes, Ive been thinking about that. Do you know of any Nid weapons that can "Really" Do anything nearly as powerful as some of our suit/Tank weapons? I mean, Ion Cannon vs Hive Tyrant, Does the Hive tyrant get any weapons tat can match that? (No seriously, can it? I dont have a Nid codex to mooch off of)
Old 28 Jun 2005, 03:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Few kinda dumb mistakes here...one..hormies could always leap...there is no point in time in which they couldn't leap. Two, hive tyrants could never be targetted through their tyrant guards. Three, with the new codex, the nids are defenitely not better, although their playing style has changed dramatically. With the upped cost of hormagaunts and the greatly upgraded termies, it's much more logical to go with 80-100 rerolling termies than a whorde of h-gaunts. Another thing that is a bit of a nasty clincher is that there is no longer such a thing as a "Tyranid Monstrous Creature"; in other words, those huge beasties cannot hold table quarters etc since they are now just regular old monstrous creatures. So if you see someone taking 6 carnies and a HT, ignore them and kill everything else and hide, they aren't worth squat.
Closed Thread