Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

On the brink of destruction?
Closed Thread
Old 27 Jun 2005, 11:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default On the brink of destruction?

I know Ive given up on 40k (for now I'm on the brink of creating a new race to get me back into the game).

I have just realised that the newest race might not be around for much longer. What am I on about I hear you say, well looking at the map in the rule book I realised that a tyranid hive fleet totally surrounds the Tau empire and its going to go right through there. As the Tau suffer in CC I fear for there safety. The imperium wont bother with that wave they got there own wave plus they are not worried about a few Tau dying they will attack when it gets closer, plus when the Ordo Xenos army comes out they will fight the Tau as well as Tyranid. So how are the Tau going to get out of this one?

I'm hoping for another warp storm to save them again. 8)

[move][glow=red,2,300]Coming back from the dead to save what I once served[/glow][/move]
Old 27 Jun 2005, 12:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: On the brink of destruction?

I don't believe so. I have a feeling that the Tau will ally with someone to help defeat the nids, maybe the Imperium just to defeat a common enemy. I think they will live on.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 12:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'll rely on my fleets' heavy railguns to save the day. And if any eldar want ot give us a hand- they ow us one. And getting down and dirty, fire warriors, stealthsuits, kroot and hammerheads do a marvelous job of turning 'nids into squishy road-tar, and crisis suits and broadsides do a very good job of turning the bigger 'nid gribblies into squishy road-tar

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 27 Jun 2005, 14:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah fluff wise the SM and IG with team up with the tau to stop a stronger enemy if they let the tau fight on there own then there ask for the nids to be closer to them this is something they can afford because they know the tau wont invade we are peacefull

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 27 Jun 2005, 15:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

1st of all GW will NEVER destroy one of its races as it would cause mass riots from every one who played that army.

but fluff wise I think the tau might find somke freids w/eldar or the impirium(if things get realy bad). but also the tau have 2 realy big things going for them, 1 the eterials and there belife int he greater good 2) is that tau tech is advanceing and they will soon have quite impressive fire power and other useful things to destroy nids. but finaly impirial hive worlds realy are a much bigger target for the nids as they have more people, meaning more food!
Old 27 Jun 2005, 15:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Don't worry.

Remember that 40K is, first and formost, a game, and GW simply cannot get rid of a race, unless it is really unpopular. Of the threevnew races introduced in 4th edition, Tau and Necrons, the Tau are doing quite well, sales-wise.

They are here to stay.

Also, remember that the background of 40K is a context for the game. GW does not like the idea of making an ongoing narrative, and has said so on many occasions.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 15:34   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I never said they would be destroyed tottally it just seems a shame that when they are getting along so nicely a big wave of nid surrounds them.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 16:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahstbn
1st of all GW will NEVER destroy one of its races as it would cause mass riots from every one who played that army.
Harlequins and Squats. While not destroyed, they stopped releasing rules for them. Squats STILL don't have a ruleset, and Harlequins just got a pdf file on GWs site. And it was my understanding that you needed permission to play these races from your opponent, as they are not official anymore.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 17:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Vega62a

Squats went out early, and Harlequins were just an Eldar spinoff, anyway.

Also, by those standards, the Imperium might have the same problem; the Storm of Chaos campaign is working its way to the heart of Terra, and who knows? Abaddon might raze the Golden Throne. But will that get rid of the armies of the Imperium? No. It'll just add new fluff, and maybe some new units or rules.

You can't really 'remove' an army per-se this late in 40k's evolution. Then you'd have a lot of people with a lot of wasted money very angry at the tournies. And you can't stop them from playing in their own games, anyway.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 17:27   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Dude I said im not talking about the tau being destroyed im on about their empire as its building the world eating nids hit im on about the Tau empire evolving will this put them back like the imperium slowly is?