Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Tau win Astronomi-con!!!
Closed Thread
Old 27 Jun 2005, 04:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default The Tau win Astronomi-con!!!

Hi guys,

I just got back from a weekend of gaming ( 6 games over 2 days ) and I am happy to report that in a tournament with 46 players from Manitoba, Ontario, Wisconsin, Saskatchewan and North Dakota I - one of only 2 Tau players in attendance- won best overall!!

I tied in battle points with the winner of best general, but I had a better overall score ( composition, sportsmanship, army list, quiz, painting ).

I will post a detailed report soon but I am too exhausted right now to write it all down.

For the Greater Good!!
Check out:
http://www.astronomi-con.com/
, it should be updated by monday and have the results.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 05:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: The Tau win Astronomi-con!!!

wow good job that will show all them who dont believe tau can win in a big tournament for the greater good ;D

you must share you list with us

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 27 Jun 2005, 07:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Congrats man! ;D

I like how this threads title said "The Tau win" instead of "I win". Very classy.

For the Greater Good!!!!
Old 27 Jun 2005, 08:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to joeboy77

That's awesome !!

What other armies did you play against ?

O0 O0

So get off yer butt and go for your dreams !!

Please Visit http://www.forevermorejewellery.com

Do you know that WoW spelled backwards is WoW ??

Read it upside down, it spells MoM...

Freakky
Old 27 Jun 2005, 10:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Rama, we expect a full battle report. We expect in this report to hear of many body parts flying through the air because your enemy was just too stupid to forfeit as soon as he saw that you were playing Tau. =^.^=

Also could you please post your roster so the rest of us can see what you brought to the fight.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 11:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Congratulations! That's indeed good news.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 14:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCKitsune
Rama, we expect a full battle report. We expect in this report to hear of many body parts flying through the air because your enemy was just too stupid to forfeit as soon as he saw that you were playing Tau. =^.^=

Also could you please post your roster so the rest of us can see what you brought to the fight.
yes i agree post please ;D

Old 27 Jun 2005, 17:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ok, here is my tournament list: 1500 pts. exactly,

Shas'el w/ plasma & misslepod
3 Crisis w/ plasma& misslepod
5 Stealth
12 FW in DF w/ shas'ui ( TA, MT, DL, 1 seeker )
12 FW in DF w/ shas'ui ( TA, MT, DL, 1 seeker )
18 Kroot
6 Human Auxilliaries w/sarge w/markerlight,EMP grenades
2 Pathfinder Tetras
Monat Broadside w/TL plasma
Hammerhead w 2 burst cannons,MT,DL, 1 seeker

I played the following armies: Space Wolves, Black Templars, Sisters of Battle, Biel-Tan Eldar, Death Guard, and finally Dark Eldar.

I will begin to post a complete battle report but I may not finish it all in 1 sitting. OK here we go.

Game 1 vs. Space Wolves- This tournament is known for it's varied scenarios. This one involved a roll for attacker or defender, and the attacker had to split his army in 2 and deploy the whole lot on opposite ends, while the defender was allowed 1 hq, 1 troops and 1 heavy in a ruined church in the middle, with everything else coming in in reserve. I won the roll and chose defender - my plan was to move all my reserves in on 1 side and work over 1/2 of his army with all of mine. I was able to slow down the opposite flank advance by placing my humans in the church tower and used the sarge's markerlight to call in seekers to blow up a razorback and blow the auto-cannon off of his dread.I also put my broadside at the window on that side and he ended up eating a lascannon bolt from a predator. My hammerhead kept missing or just scratching his land raider crusader and then was shot down in turn 5. In the end I had earned more victory points than him but special scenario bonus victory points were earned for having units inside the church.
He drove his crusader through the rubble and parked it in the church.

Since I had lost both of my railguns I didn't have anything that could hurt the crusader ( SO I THOUGHT ).
I earned bonus points = to my squads value inside the church, the attacker earned DOUBLE bonus points.
That gave him a 530 point bonus!- enough to pass my total and claim a technical victory, but battle point modifiers gave me 2 extra battle points - so it was a 5 point loss ( 3 for a loss + 2 battle points ).
At this point I thought that I had no hope of doing well, and then later at dinner while discussing battle stories I realized that I forgot about my human's EMP grenades!! I would have had a chance to take out the crusader and earn a solid win but it was too late at that point.
Not a good start for the greater good.

Game 2 vs. Black Templars
OK I did not like this scenario: It's a blizzard with deep snow, the whole table is counted as rough terrain, and any shooting weapon trying to shoot over 12" needed 6's to hit, regardless of the firers bs. This meant that I could not use my jet packs for fear of losing a battlesuit to a roll of 1. My opponent and I thought it odd that a heavily armoured warrior would die from falling into a snowbank ( when I was a kid we would pile up snow in front of my house and jump off the roof onto it- I did not have power armour and I still survived! ) but oh well. He was not very mobile and I was able to manouver around enough to claim more table quarters by the end. It was one of those games that you have no idea how it is going to turn out.
It was my tetras that got the win for me- those little guys were the stars of the tourney ( tied with my firewarriors ) and I found other uses for them as well ( hole pluggers- if you can't block a charge with your big vehicles move in the tetras to fill the gap and create a nice cocoon of skimmers around my troops. )
final score: 11 point victory

Game 3 vs. Sisters of Battle
The scenario was another attacker-defender game, and I chose yet again to be the defender.I had to set up my entire army in a 24" box on my side, and he could come at me from any of 3 sides. He was a young player, and he chose ( incorrectly ) to split his slow moving forces into 3 and try to sandwich me from 3 sides. I would have none of that and simply moved eveyone out of the box to my left and began to take apart 1/3 of his army with all of mine. Once that was done I moved on to the other 1/3 and by the time it was over I had earned a victory plus 3 extra battle points. 13 point victory

I will finish the rest later, but suffice it to say that I had 3 more games that were 13, 12, and 12 point wins
against The Biel-Tan, Death Guard, and a nasty Dark Eldar army
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

your going to have to show me this i have lots of tetras to use ;D

if you can't block a charge with your big vehicles move in the tetras to fill the gap and create a nice cocoon of skimmers around my troops.

Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i cant wait to hear more battle report good job onces again ;D

Closed Thread