Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Army
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jun 2005, 19:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default New Army

I'm just starting Tau. After Space Marines I wanted something that could pw3n necrons from a distance because of those Monoliths, so the Tau were an awsome choice. And Tau are just awsome.

So, I was wondering. I want to build a balanced army, what should be in it?
Old 26 Jun 2005, 19:22   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: New Army

Well lets see....you should at least have 1 or 2(preferbly) FW teams, Kroot are probably the best CC units(I might be mistaken) the Tau have, You will definintly want battle suits,you might want Broadside battle suits or Hammer heads for knocking out things with alot of armor. There are many good Tau units but it all depends on what you are trying to fight. OH you may also want a devil fish.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 19:24   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

3 most common enemy's are Ork, Chaos, and Necrons
Old 26 Jun 2005, 19:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

If you're wanting to hit from long range I suggest lots of XV-88 Broadsides and Hammerheads. Their Rail Guns should put you well out of the range of those Guass guns. Just remember that for the Tau, their power lies in their troops. Fire Warriors can take down just about anything exept Monsterous Creatures and Vehicles with armour over 10 (given thats alot of vehicles they cant hurt). So I would suggest the use of Devilfish with the warriors. I'm not too familiar with Necrons, so my help is limited. But those are some of the basics. Given I've completely skipped over Crisis Suits and our fav, Stealth Suits...for which I'll probably get slapped. But just look around the forums, I'm sure you'll find lots of people that can help you. LOL as for me, I've got work.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
Old 26 Jun 2005, 20:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyStone
* * I'm just starting Tau.* After Space Marines I wanted something that could pw3n necrons from a distance because of those Monoliths, so the Tau were an awsome choice.* And Tau are just awsome.

* * So,* I was wondering.* I want to build a balanced army, what should be in it?
if you want to beat necrons, why on earth have you chosen tau? Its well regarded that necrons are the toughest enemy of the tau army. if you want to destroy necrons, take Imperial Guard- platoons with rockets, and lascannons, 2 leman russes and a basilisk. Necrons do not like instant killing ordance pie plates!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 27 Jun 2005, 06:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
I'm just starting Tau. After Space Marines I wanted something that could pw3n necrons from a distance because of those Monoliths, so the Tau were an awsome choice. And Tau are just awsome.

So, I was wondering. I want to build a balanced army, what should be in it?
i dont know i find necrons the hardest army to beat

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 27 Jun 2005, 08:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to joeboy77

I normally would subscribe to a hybrid army with some decent firebases (20 kroot infiltrated 18" away and in cover) with some FW squads (preferrably 2 or more) mounted in Devilfishes and a few squads of crisis suits that carry a plasma and fusion blasters.

As for the heavy support, I tend to go for a 3-man broadside team, all with tl plasmas, 2 with targetlock and 1 with a multi-tracker.

The whole idea is to get some heavy firepower in your corner, while getting mobility from your devilfish mounted units.

At the end of the game, it's not who kills the most, but it's who gets the objective that wins the game.

If you want to have fun, bring 2 hammerheads with burst cannons as heavy support and give them multi-trackers. Run around the board 12" per move and submunition them.

O0 O0

So get off yer butt and go for your dreams !!

Please Visit http://www.forevermorejewellery.com

Do you know that WoW spelled backwards is WoW ??

Read it upside down, it spells MoM...

Freakky
Old 27 Jun 2005, 15:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Rail gun submunition rounds are cool so are Marker lighted Ion cannons - i would recommend 1 of each and if you can spare the points 3 XV88s for your 3rd Heavy support. As many FW as you can afford (with Fish). i don't use kroot as i prefer to use FW but they can be effective as well. XV8s are usefull as well but you need Pathfinders (for the markerlights).
Old 27 Jun 2005, 17:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Claw

necrons are a nasty army for any one to play against but thier not unstopable.

with tau i find thier is no such thing as a balanced army. i field a full Tau army no Kroot i try to shoot my oponent down before they can get close.

if your playin 1k game then i sugjest a commander shasle with twin PRs and DC with both shield and gun drone.

for your elites although i would like to say a full squad of stealth suits i must say that thier weapons arnt a high enout AP to harm the necron warriors. (i say this because i take it you want them to phase out). so take a full squad of crisis with TL PRs
to blow the warriors away with ease.

as for your troops take 3 full squads of fire warriors. with no up grades may be shasui if you have the points to help with LD tests.

take 2 Hammer heads as heavys if you can fit them in. 1 with Ion Cannon and the other with a rail gun. using the subnewmissions on the warriors. if he has wraiths i sugjest take them out first.

hope this will be of help i dont have the codex on me right now but i think *THINK* you can pull this of for 1000 pts

hope this helped and welcome to the Tau

Reaper Claw
stoner Rabbit
Old 27 Jun 2005, 17:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
3 most common enemy's are Ork, Chaos, and Necrons
For Orks use HH w/Rail, Stealths, Lots of FoF (Fish of Fury) unless they are Speed Freaks or Looters then just use 4 or so 12 man FW squads, Crisis with TLMP and Flamer, and a good helping of Kroot.
For Chaos use the same thing you would use vs marines (Ion, FireKnife, Etc.) and BC (DF, Stealths, maybe a Crisis).
For Necrons... I haven't faced necrons so I say you use lots of HH w/ Rail and Plasma. Make sure your FW are in DF. Don't take kroot, I heard that Necrons eat Kroot for breakfast... If Necrons eat...

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Closed Thread