Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Little question on Flechettes
Old 12 Aug 2009, 04:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to runer60000
Default Little question on Flechettes

if someone assaults a unit of pirahnas with flechettes, wouldnt each enemy model take a wound for each pirahna thats in the unit?
Against Tyranids: L2, T1, W0
Against Necrons: L1, T1, W2
Orks: L0, T1, W0
Current Eldar Standings:
Against Blood Angels: L0, T0, W0
Against Orks: L0, T0, W0
Against Tyranids: L0, T0, W2
Against Ultramarines: L0, T0, W3
runer60000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2009, 04:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Little question on Flechettes

If you choose to play by the INAT FAQ's then:
TAU.30D.01 Q: How do Flechette Dischargers work when fitted to a vehicle squadron?
A: If one or more vehicle in the squadron has a Flechette Discharger then any models attacking the squadron in close combat will suffer a single wound on a D6 roll of 4+

Alternatively you could choose to play by a somewhat popular interpretation of the RAW, assuming your opponent agrees, which basically means for each piranha equipped with a flechette discharger you would roll a number of dice equal to the number of models in the attacking unit. 5 flechette piranhas being assaulted by 10 marines would equal 50 dice.
Shas O Behavva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2009, 04:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Another option is to measure 2" from each piranha's hull to the nearest enemy assaulting model. For each in range they get their launchers on however many models are assaulting that unit. My opponents have agreed on this method for the time being as we generally view it as being fair to both parties.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2009, 04:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Behavva
Alternatively you could choose to play by a somewhat popular interpretation of the RAW, assuming your opponent agrees, which basically means for each piranha equipped with a flechette discharger you would roll a number of dice equal to the number of models in the attacking unit. 5 flechette piranhas being assaulted by 10 marines would equal 50 dice.
this has been generally accepted in all competetive games.

depending on whether I want ot have fun orjust play for the win will determine whether I use the rule this way or just do as suggested and let anything within 2 inches of the model hit. when I do it this way though, only models that are within two inches are able to be wounded ie if no 50 dice, then no five dead piranhas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
We altered the age old art of calling shotgun to now be known as calling Plasma Rifle on my car :P
Scratch-built Tau Manta . Scratch-built Tau Orca Drop Ship. Scratch-built Tau Barricuda. Scratch-built Tau Bastion.
Scratch-built Thunderhawk Dropship. Scratch-built 1:72nd scale Space Marine Landing Craft.
Scratch-built Chaos super-heavy dreadclaw drop pod/army transport.
hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Behavva
this has been generally acceptad in all competetive games.
Sorry, but that's absolutely not true. Whether or not you play it that way in your competitive games doesn't change the fact that it's in the INAT FAQs. Many tournaments use those FAQs.
Shas O Behavva is offline   Reply With Quote