Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

the tau armoury?
Closed Thread
Old 22 Jun 2005, 21:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Claw
Default the tau armoury?

what do you all think that the Tau armoury is lacking in?

do you not think that the tau are so thecknologicaly advanced that they should be able to take more choices weapons, wargear, armour wise?

what do you want to see?

why do you want to see this?

how will it improve the tau on the battle field and in their ways of life?
stoner Rabbit
Old 22 Jun 2005, 21:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: the tau armoury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Claw
what do you all think that the Tau armoury is lacking in?

do you not think that the tau are so thecknologicaly advanced that they should be able to take more choices weapons, wargear, armour wise?

what do you want to see?

why do you want to see this?

how will it improve the tau on the battle field and in their ways of life?
I'd personally llike to see a Shas-Ui' FireWarrior model with the ability to carry one Crisis suit weapon. Tau fluff has always eluded to the fact that Fire Warrior squads are constantly researching ways on making Stand-alone Fire Warrior teams to be more effective and independent on the field of battle. The Shas'Ui upgrade for this would be expensive, but that would balance the idea. The model would have the stripped down appearance of a StealthSuit, but still a 4+ save. He'd wear a partial body suit over his FW armor with a mechanical compensator to allow him to hold and fire the weapon he carries. I'd limit the range of weapons to just Burst Cannon, Flamer, Plasma, and Fusion. I just don't feel a missile pod launcher is right for that kind of model, but it's always possible with enough fluff to justify it. But this could work instead of having heavy weapon drones. At least our FW leaders would look the role wearing a bulkier Fire Warrior/quasi-Suit armor. (Consider it training wheels for the full XV Suits)

This would finally help us out in Kill Team for our Boss Brutes, too.

-SaturN
Old 22 Jun 2005, 21:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

nice idea i like it very much

if you can come up with enouf fluff like you say id contact CA and tell them about it

Reaper Claw
;D
stoner Rabbit
Old 22 Jun 2005, 21:45   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Like I said in the other post, don't count on Chapter Approved coming out with too much.

If you give Crisis Weapons to Infantry, they will have to count as Heavy weapons.* They are too large not to.* That would make them less than useful, and would cause more problems than it fixes.* The way it stands now, we are forced to use Crisis suits in support of Fire Warriors.* If Fire Warriors could do everything themselves, you might as well be playing Imperial Guard, with nothing but Fire Warriors and Hammerheads.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 22:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Like I said in the other post, don't count on Chapter Approved coming out with too much.

If you give Crisis Weapons to Infantry, they will have to count as Heavy weapons. They are too large not to. That would make them less than useful, and would cause more problems than it fixes. The way it stands now, we are forced to use Crisis suits in support of Fire Warriors. If Fire Warriors could do everything themselves, you might as well be playing Imperial Guard, with nothing but Fire Warriors and Hammerheads.
Granted, hence the reason why my recommendation to implement this would be expensive, much like that of upgrading a 'marine to a LasCannon in a devastator squad' kind of expensive. As the Shas-Ui would not have the massed firepower or greater mobility (aside from a Devilfish), he still wouldn't have the potency of a Monat. And to put this kind of change into effect model-wise would be easy. All that would need to be done is to use the mold of an existing minature (plastic or metal) and custom create a small sprue (metal or plastic) of weapon bitz for him. Remember, we're talking about 1 miniature for each Fire Warrior squad. But the fact of the matter is, FireWarriors on their own do not have anti-tank ability. Where as any other 40k army you could play does. (aside from Bugs)

-SaturN
Old 22 Jun 2005, 23:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

although what your saying is true the Tau do have anti Takn ability in the form of EMP grenades.

( quote) Tau fluff has always eluded to the fact that Fire Warrior squads are constantly researching ways on making Stand-alone Fire Warrior teams to be more effective and independent on the field of battle. The Shas'Ui upgrade for this would be expensive, but that would balance the idea. The model would have the stripped down appearance of a StealthSuit, but still a 4+ save. He'd wear a partial body suit over his FW armor with a mechanical compensator to allow him to hold and fire the weapon he carries. (unquote)

id say he would be too big to go in to a hammer head if he is wearing a form of visible stelth armour

Reaper Claw
stoner Rabbit
Old 22 Jun 2005, 23:25   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'd like to see missile pod drones (if CA doesn't already have them). Because against marines & tougher targets drones just aren't worth it.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 23:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

very true
even with S5 weapons they just dont seem to cut it

dam power armour give me a plasma rifle or a hammer and ill show you the years workin on it was all in vain
>
stoner Rabbit
Old 23 Jun 2005, 01:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Where in gods name do you get your dice, Vegas? Pulse weapons chew threw anything with light armour frightneingly fast, but importantly you can easily drop a few Marines each turn, esspecially Rapid Firing.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 08:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

As i see it all other armies have some form of anti tank capability for their basic troops except tau. Las cannons, Missile Launchers ect. we need something similar. I know that it is the job of XV8s to support FW teams but this is not always possible (i don't count emp nades as i don't think tau should be charging tanks). i would like to see 1 FW per squad upgraded to have an anti tank weapon (fusion based weapon or missile based weapon) with limited range.

i just feel it is very un tau that they would not have some means to shoot tanks with their infantry.