Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new units what do you want to see
Closed Thread
Old 22 Jun 2005, 08:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Claw
Default new units what do you want to see

what type of units would you like to see in a tau army?

may be as Auxillarerys or a new tau weapon or type of unit.

i had a decusion about this in another forum and i posted Eldar Tau what do you think about this idea?

RC
stoner Rabbit
Old 22 Jun 2005, 09:41   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Solhall
Default Re: new units what do you want to see

I would like to see some more Troop choises, maybe some heavy weapon squad or something like that, maybe FW snipers, or FW burst cannons, or something like the foregeworld´s Prianah.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 10:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't think any new units are necessary. I do think certain units in the tau list need to be given a going-over.

Suits: need to be powered up or dropped in price. shas'vre deserve bs4. crisis and broadfside suits need new models. they look too bulky and clumsy, and lack the organic feel of the tau vehicles. I'd like a look closer to shas'o r'myr's suit. they need new heads, shoulder pads, weapon mounts and chests.
etherials: their inspiring presence rule needs to include re-rollable pinning, and leadeership tests
drop the price of kor'vesa squads
make the krootox a kroot unit upgrade instead of taking a HS slot
Pathfinders should have hidden deplyment. it suits their fluff a LOT more than the scout rule.
an expanded guided missile and vehicle secondary weapon options in the armoury.
GUe'vesa'la should follow the IG platoon structure a bit more closely, as opposed to the tau squad size of 6-12.

And as its the flavour of the month, some form of doctrines/skills for tau would be nice. especially sharpshooters!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 22 Jun 2005, 10:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

All I could really think about that would be a nice addition that wouldn't be over-the-top would be:
  • Some kind of Armory for the Shapers to access, to have a reason to take a Shaper.
  • Add in the Forge World Kroot selections to the codex, that would make great fun (Knarlocs and the like)
  • Create different types of seeker missiles, maybe the normal seeker, but also a blast template seeker, much like a frag missile. Also perhaps a specialized seeker for vehicles, like a fusion seeker with the same characteristics as the fusion blaster, and limit the number we can take and price it all justly.
  • Allow the Ethereal to be updated to have the same ability as the "Rites of Battle" (that the new Marine HQ stole from the Tau and made twice as good).
  • The forge world turret upgrades for hammerheads would an interesting addition, not a good one, but at least more variety.
  • Allow broadsides to take an ion cannon instead of a railgun -- This is a joke, it would be way too powerful, but I can't help but want that.
  • Perhaps transport upgrades, like being able to upgrade the Devilfish burstcannon to a Fusionblaster or something.
  • Fixing up the drone rules so that they either work like they used to, or at least fix the text so people stop getting it confused with how majorities work.

That's all I can think of for now though.

Cheers!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 11:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would like to see Railrifle as assault weapon for crisis suit.
Then i would like to see some possible upgrades of weaponry for stealthsuits (or grenades for them)
I would like have the option to mount Human auxiliaries in devilfish.
I would like to see more weapon options for devifish, and more secondary options for hammerhead (like plasma rifles railriffles as secondary weapons)
I would like to see SMS on something different than HS unit (OK forgeworld commanders would probably be just fine).
I would like to be able to field Heavy gun drones wargear through drone controller.
I would like to see some more weapon options for broadsides (for example assault weapon as primary armament)

And i would like to see some methods to be able to re roll to wound and Armor penetration rolls with railgun. (On last tournament two of my railguns did exactly nothing in five battles as they didn't hit (most of the time on 2+ from marklight, and if they hit i rolled all the time 1 for to wound roll, that was really annoying).
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

all very good ideas id like to see ion cannon toting BS to that would be very cool.
maybe a squad of body guard for a etherial
stoner Rabbit
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

What I would like to see is some indirect fire weapons.

Also for those who would like to have an Ion Cannon for Broadsides, how do you think this would work. One Broadside in a squad can swap out his TL Rail Gun for an Ion Cannon (no TL). With Target Lock support system, this would just get nasty! =^.^=

Next I would love to get a Targeting Array for Crisis Suits. Make the Array 10 points. That would make a fireknife 75 points (or thereabouts)

The last thing I would like to see would the ability to use the fourth hard point on a Crisis Suit.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 13:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

i think we just need new units we can't really change anything really besides mech and static i thought my wheeled tau tank idea would be good and so would be some veteran guys or something. weapon platforms would mix it up a bit too
Old 22 Jun 2005, 13:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

How about a true fast attack option, like a fat skimmer with a smart missile system, that could zip around the table, staying out of LOS, and letting loose volleys of smart missiles.

That would be just what the tau need. O0
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 13:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i agree with the doc may be some fast bike options unlike the tetras tho some thing a fire warrior could ride have a burst cannon or twin P-rifles or somthing like that may be rail rifles ;D nasty idea and also some heavy plat forms aswell they would be a cool heavy support choice.

thanks guys
Reaper Claw
stoner Rabbit
Closed Thread