Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My first game
Closed Thread
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:51   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default My first game

I just played my first game and it was against a Smurf player who had been playing for about 2 years. It was a 1100 point cleanse mission and i used all my models which is

1 shas O
1 etheral
16 Kroot
3x12 man fire warriors
1 Railhead
3 Broadsides

Anyway I got first turn and took out his dreadnought and land raider and by the end of turn
5 I had destroyed everything in his army.

Was I just lucky and what would you guys suggest is the most important model(s) to buy next? I will be playing mainly against Dark Angles and Beil tann Eldar
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:59   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: My first game

I suggest you should be getting some elite-troops, being either stealth unit(s) or crisis battlesuit-unit(s), as you have 3 elite slots still open. I'd suggest a 3 man team of crisis battlesuits, with their jetpacks and variety of weapons they can take out a whole lot of enemies your normal troops can't take out so easily. I think Twinlinked weapon systems work quite well, especially the TL plasma (in this case you won't need a multitracker, as you are using only 1 weapon system). Give them either the target lock or the drone controller with gun- or shield drones (I favour the shield drones) for their third and last hardpoint.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:06   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks i'll consider that
Old 21 Jun 2005, 18:22   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Elites would be a good idea as Mr. Pink suggested. You might also want to look at filling out one of those Fast Attack slots that you still have open. If you bought the Crisis Box, the Ethereal Blister, and 3 boxes of Fire Warriors then you should have enough Gun Drones to slap together a squadron. Some people recommend it, some don't. Pathfinders will help you get the maximum effect out of your Railguns, so they're something to consider as well. Only real gripe there is the required Devilfish.

-Sightline
Old 21 Jun 2005, 18:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I would recommend Pathfinders beceause your army has alot of Railguns that shouldn't be wasted. One thing you could try is getting the Devilfish & Firecaste combo box and using the FWs as pathfinders, its a good oportunity for conversion as well.

Good job on wiping out those SMs!
Old 23 Jun 2005, 20:25   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I would suggest atleast one more Crisis Suit, as well as atleast 3 Stealth Suits. No matter what opponant you face, they will get annoyed to hell by a Stealth Suit / Kroot Tag Team!

Next I would suggest purchasing a squad of Path Finders, as their marker lights will help out immensely against more skilled opponants: They allow your weapons to hit on 2+, they ignore cover saves, and they can guide seeker missiles.

Gun Drones are quite fun too! I love seeing the look on my opponants face when I deepstrike 8 gun drones behind their tanks, blowing it to smitherines! So fun!

-Muds
Old 23 Jun 2005, 20:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy
Gun Drones are quite fun too!* I love seeing the look on my opponants face when I deepstrike 8 gun drones behind their tanks, blowing it to smitherines!* So fun!
OFF TOPIC: how do u do that then i dont see it?

ON TOPIC: well done on winning your first game with tau. you seem to have a heavy fire army (dur tau) and you can combat your opponents with kroot. i sugjest stealth suits and pathfinders using marker lights and rail rifles at full effect. ;D

Reaper Claw

stoner Rabbit
Old 24 Jun 2005, 01:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire

I think you should get a big squad of stealthsuits and crisis suits. You also might want to consider getting more kroot as, unless they heavily outnumber a close-combat orientated opponent, they will most likely lose.

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 24 Jun 2005, 04:38   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Claw: Since the drones fire Carbines which have the same strength as Pulse Rifles, it's easily possible to at least glance the rear armor of most vehicles. On a really good penetration roll you can even punch the vehicle. Even on a glance there's the possibility of Vehicle Destroyed! Rare occurance but possible. Hence the funny look on the other guy's face.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 11:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightline
Claw:* Since the drones fire Carbines which have the same strength as Pulse Rifles, it's easily possible to at least glance the rear armor of most vehicles.* On a really good penetration roll you can even punch the vehicle.* Even on a glance there's the possibility of Vehicle Destroyed!* Rare occurance but possible.* Hence the funny look on the other guy's face.
thanks for clearing that up i was actual thinking of the back aromur of a tank like a land raider because that cant be donebut lighter vehicals i understand
stoner Rabbit
Closed Thread