Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

hey guys, few questions, im new to the forums
Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to kungfuwookie
Default hey guys, few questions, im new to the forums

Alright guys, glad to be joining a good quality board for once, i just have a few questions.

Q: Whats the deal with these Havok upgrades? i heard them being used at my local store and found them on this website, are they official?

Q: sheild drones; apparently a topic of much heated debates on warhammer boards. To my knowlage if i have for example, my HQ with 2 drones, and he is hit with 12 shot, and gets say 12 wounds...all of the hits are allocated to the drones unless both drones are dead correct? i was playing a game and was yelled at for this saying that (in my example) the drones would only catch 2 shots, and the rest hit my commander.

Q: do markerlights mark for UNITS or MODELS?

Thanks guys.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: hey guys, few questions, im new to the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfuwookie
Alright guys, glad to be joining a good quality board for once, i just have a few questions.

Q1: Whats the deal with these Havok upgrades? i heard them being used at my local store and found them on this website, are they official?

Q2: sheild drones; apparently a topic of much heated debates on warhammer boards.* To my knowlage if i have for example, my HQ with 2 drones, and he is hit with 12 shot, and gets say 12 wounds...all of the hits are allocated to the drones unless both drones are dead correct? i was playing a game and was yelled at for this saying that (in my example) the drones would only catch 2 shots, and the rest hit my commander.

Q3: do markerlights mark for UNITS or MODELS?

Thanks guys.
A1: I'm not sure.

A2: They go to whatever is the majortiy first, after that I beleive it goes to whoever has the worst save. Refer to the majority rules in the 40k rulebook, they now override the drone rules in the Tau codex.

A3: I can give you a good answer on this one. Neither, each markerlight can be used to mark for a single weapon.

Valmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2005, 21:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

none of that really answered my questions clearly....anyone else?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 21:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Welcome to Toe.

Just a quick reminder. When on a forum-
When your trying to get a point across, make sure it sounds nice...
-
Quote:
none of that really answered my questions clearly....anyone else?
Unless your flaming.
Dont flame.
Oh and NEVER EVER spell ANYTHING wrong.* ;D* :

Sorry for nagging but one more...
Valmar dont write you answer in a quote. Its not a quote that way and its a bit confusing

Back on topic.

Marker lights mark for a single model (I'm pretty sure).
I cant answer the other questions because I play mostly 3rd Ed. :'(

Again... Sorry for nagging. I just have to get to you before the others do...
Th3n4m31zm1k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2005, 22:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm not too sure about the first one, as I don't know about Havoks, but the rest are simple.
For your specific example with the drones, with the majority ruling, your hits would be based on your drone stats (T3, Save 4+ Inv). So the hits would wound at those values, then you have to make a save for each wound. After that, then you see how many wounds there are. Say there's five left. The drones take one each and die, then your crisis takes the rest, and would die accordingly, unless it's a Shas'O, where it'll have one save left. I might be wrong, as you need to allocate the wounds before you save, but somebody else'll point that out soon enough I guess ^_^.
Now, for you markerlights, you elect a single model to take advantage of your makerlight when shooting at the same squad/model as the markerlight has just lit up (it needs to have actually hit to do this). Then you must chose one weapon of that model to shoot using the boosted 2+ to hit, then the rest works out as normal, except that that model that's being hit can't use any cover saves. Now, I believe that if you need to shoot more than one weapon with lighting effects, then you need at least one more markerlight hit for that squad. This only applies to crisis suits, and vehicles, as they're the only ones that have more than one weapon to shoot with.
Does this help?
^_^.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
She said she can't die! She's survive even if you roast her or bake her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Should we try to boil her or fry her instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
It's foolish for people to go out on a night like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
I'm talking about you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
No, I'm not asking who's a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari
So you're admitting to being a fool?
Tsumishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2005, 00:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:

Q: Whats the deal with these Havok upgrades? i heard them being used at my local store and found them on this website, are they official?

Q: sheild drones; apparently a topic of much heated debates on warhammer boards. To my knowlage if i have for example, my HQ with 2 drones, and he is hit with 12 shot, and gets say 12 wounds...all of the hits are allocated to the drones unless both drones are dead correct? i was playing a game and was yelled at for this saying that (in my example) the drones would only catch 2 shots, and the rest hit my commander.

Q: do markerlights mark for UNITS or MODELS?

Thanks guys.
Even though Tsumishi answered you, I will repost the answers you are seeking. Despite Valmar being correct as well.

Havok upgrades? I have never heard of that for Tau units. Chaos has Havok units. Unless you clarify your question, I cannot help you. There is an "ORK" fighter upgrade available to the farsight sub-faction of tau, but that doesn't sound anything like havok.

In your example, you would apply all the hits versus toughness 3 (the majority). You have to apply wounds in "packets" to the majority save first - the two drones.

Then you can apply one to the HQ. Then 2 more to the drones, then 1 to the HQ. Your HQ will end up taking 4 wounds, and your drones will take a total of 8. You had it wrong, but taking extra wounds on HQ isn't a popular way of cheating.

Markerlights can be assigned to individual weapon systems. It says so in the codex. If you're not going to take the time to read your codex or core rule book, you really shouldn't be getting mad at other people for trying to help you with your poorly worded questions.

Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
ShadowDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDeth
Quote:

Q: shield drones; apparently a topic of much heated debates on warhammer boards. To my knowledge if i have for example, my HQ with 2 drones, and he is hit with 12 shot, and gets say 12 wounds...all of the hits are allocated to the drones unless both drones are dead correct? i was playing a game and was yelled at for this saying that (in my example) the drones would only catch 2 shots, and the rest hit my commander.
In your example, you would apply all the hits versus toughness 3 (the majority). You have to apply wounds in "packets" to the majority save first - the two drones.

Then you can apply one to the HQ. Then 2 more to the drones, then 1 to the HQ. Your HQ will end up taking 4 wounds, and your drones will take a total of 8. You had it wrong, but taking extra wounds on HQ isn't a popular way of cheating.
OK, now I'm probably wrong but isn't the commander the majority? Like he has 3 or 4 wounds, depending on Shas'el or Shas'o, and the drones both have 1
--> 3/4 wounds commander
--> 2 wounds drones
(Think it's this way in 4th ed)
Isn't this also why the drones are kind of useless now, unless your commander joins a drone squadron?

Hope I'm wright > ;D

Greetz

Pisces_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Majority is by models, not wounds.

A1) Never heard of any such thing for tau.

A2) Have a look around for topics related to drones in 4th ed..

A3) 1 Weapon system
Old 13 Jun 2005, 15:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks to those who were jackasses. i posted these questions because i had come to come decrepency between myself and people i play with not that i "was too lazy to read my codex" >

oh and the havok upgrades are on this site: http://www.tauonline.org/houserule_havokupgrade.php >

so dont bother to post on this site if you are too lazy to read it.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 15:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:

Q1: Whats the deal with these Havok upgrades? i heard them being used at my local store and found them on this website, are they official?

Q2: sheild drones; apparently a topic of much heated debates on warhammer boards.* To my knowlage if i have for example, my HQ with 2 drones, and he is hit with 12 shot, and gets say 12 wounds...all of the hits are allocated to the drones unless both drones are dead correct? i was playing a game and was yelled at for this saying that (in my example) the drones would only catch 2 shots, and the rest hit my commander.

Q3: do markerlights mark for UNITS or MODELS?

Thanks guys.
A1: No, they are House Rules so entirely unofficial.

A2: Majority Rules, as said by all the other posters in this thread.

A3: Markerlights mark for a single WEAPON.

Now:

Quote:
thanks to those who were jackasses. i posted these questions because i had come to come decrepency between myself and people i play with not that i "was too lazy to read my codex" >

oh and the havok upgrades are on this site: http://www.tauonline.org/houserule_havokupgrade.php >

so dont bother to post on this site if you are too lazy to read it.
You sir need to calm down. Who do you think you are calling other people here Jackasses, that's flame bait and against the rules so watch it.

The Havok upgrades as i said previously are only house rules, people don't have to read house rules to post on this site, some people may not be into house rules, and again that last statement was not required.

I recommend you read the forum rules.

Other than that welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote