Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

beating daemonhunters URGENT RSVP tonight
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jun 2005, 09:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default beating daemonhunters URGENT RSVP tonight

I have a friend who has a marine/daemonhunters army, he started with marines but discovered that DH were better so he has some allied DH models with his marines, so what you ask but what if he puts his grey night termies/inquisitors etc. in drop pods?, need urgent help for a game tommorrow RSVP now.

(thankyou people)
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 11 Jun 2005, 10:01   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: beating daemonhunters URGENT RSVP tonight

I don&#39;t even think that GKs can be put in drop pods, but whatever, let him. The entire GK army can deepstrike anyways, let him waste the points on a measily AV 10 pile of scrap :P

My suggestion is this: Keep your forces together so that they can defend each other. Your Crisis Suits are no good if his Termies DS behind your forces and own a FW squad. Likewise, your Crisis Suits will need a lot of fire support, so be sure to keep a squad or two of FWs close by.

I would arm your Crisis Suits with TL Plasma and a Target Lock or Plasma + Fusion with a Multi Tracker. These are the weapons that deny your opponants armour saves, making them your best choice.

I would also use a squad of Pathfinders to scout ahead / paint targets for your Crisis Suits and Seeker Missiles.

-Muds
Old 11 Jun 2005, 10:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Dalyth Montau:

The good news is, his Grey Knights and Inquisitors do not take Drop Pods. The only unit he can take from the Daemonhunters which may Deep Strike at all, are the Grey Knights (both Grey Knight Fast Attack and Grey Knight Terminators may deep strike, always). The Inquisitor may only Deep Strike if he wears Terminator armor, but generally due to having a retinue, he will not be able to deep strike.

So - You do not have to worry about his shiny new units arriving behind the cover of a Drop Pod. When his new unit lands, you will be free to fire upon it.

Aside from the normal threat of Marines, power armor, and weaponry, you have Psycannons, Incinerators and Storm Bolters to worry about. We all know what will happen to you in close combat should that happen. So as was advised already, being prepared with anything that is AP2/3 will be most helpful in that regard. Grey Knights fall to saturating fire, extremely easily. They have small squad sizes that cost immense points. If you focus fire from several groups, you can bring down the terminators. If he uses normal grey knights, your job is easier as their power armor is beatable just as any power armor is, and they fall quickly if you focus. The Inquisitorial squads will be the easiest as they generally have mixed armors and will be utterly wasted by a submunition template, followed up by pulse rifles.

Fighting Grey Knights at close range is the same as marines at close range. It&#39;s only at long range that it changes (shrouding). And in combat, you lose faster due to their higher strength values and that they carry heavy flamers (basically) which deny your normal armor saves up to the suit level.
Old 11 Jun 2005, 12:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

thanks guys, big help
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 11 Jun 2005, 18:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Robogem Send a message via MSN to Robogem

I get the general impression from most Tau players that Daemon Hunters get rocked easily by the Tau compared to most other Space Marine/Power Armor (3+) save armies.
A hero is only a hero when he or she takes incredible risks. If you prod a tiger with a stick from behind six inches of body armor and an impenetrable shield of force you&#39;re not a hero, you&#39;re just a jackass.
[/size]
Old 11 Jun 2005, 23:47   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robogem
I get the general impression from most Tau players that Daemon Hunters get rocked easily by the Tau compared to most other Space Marine/Power Armor (3+) save armies.
It is true. Their relatively low numbers and lack of mobility make them easy targets for your superior Battlesuit technology and Pathfinder Markerlights.

When playing DH, I seriously suggest taking a squad of pathfinders, their markerlights could be essential to ensuring maximum casualties. Likewise, Crisis Suits are damn important! You need their low AP weapons to make sure you truly annihilate his GKs. It is also important to mechanize your Firewarriors, in the event that the GKs do manage to get into combat with you.
Closed Thread