Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Twin Linked Pulse Rifle on Battlesuit
Old 27 May 2009, 20:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Twin Linked Pulse Rifle on Battlesuit

Do I lose an attack by adding the Twin Linked weapon on my battlesuit? What I mean is, if i can pick 3 weapons and fire all 3, then I take one twin linked, its says in the codex that counts as 2 weapons. When I fire now I only fire 2 weapons, one with rerolls to hit. Would it be better to have 3 weapons to attack with? Or would I have 2 sets of Twin linked pulse rifles that reroll to hit?
Kaiser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 20:17   #2 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Twin Linked Pulse Rifle on Battlesuit

I hate to point this out but Crisis suits can only fire one weapon (or two if you upgrade their wargear). So you aren't going to have a case where you are firing three weapons anyway.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 20:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

To begin with, there are no circumstances that allow you to fire three weapons on a Battlesuit, even if you have purchased three weapons. The best you can hope for would be to fire two weapons by purchasing a Multi-Tracker (either as your third Battlesuit slot or by Hard-wiring it).

If, on the other hand, you take a single weapon and a twin-linked weapon then that would indeed take up all three of your Battlesuit slots (though you could only fire both with a Hard-wired Multi-Tracker).

Also, due to only having three Battlesuit slots, it's impossible to have 2 sets of twin-linked anything, since that would count as using up 4 slots. It might also be a good idea to bear in mind that Pulse Rifles are not a Battlesuit weapon option.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 20:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

You can't take pulse rifles on a battlesuit. Did you mean plasma rifle?

You can only fire all of your weapons if you have a multitracker or hard-wired multitracker.

You can only have three 'slots' on a suit. 'Hard-wired' stuff doesn't take up a slot.

Double ninja'd...
Old 27 May 2009, 20:41   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks, I don't actually play Tau, my friend does and we are starting to learn 40k at the same time. thats why I ddnt know which weapons it had. I felt bad because I get a lot of shots on my leader and he didnt seem to get as many. We are still working out the rules so I am sure he and I will be asking more stupid questions.
Kaiser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 20:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

What's your "leader"?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 21:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turok117

You can only fire all of your weapons if you have a multitracker or hard-wired multitracker.

You can only have three 'slots' on a suit. 'Hard-wired' stuff doesn't take up a slot.

Double ninja'd...
Actually you can not really fire all of your weapons with a Multi-tracker. You can fire two weapons. Either two single weapons or a single weapon and a Twin-Linked one. If you take 3 single weapons, you can never fire them all at once.

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2009, 02:26   #8 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze
Thanks, I don't actually play Tau, my friend does and we are starting to learn 40k at the same time. thats why I ddnt know which weapons it had. I felt bad because I get a lot of shots on my leader and he didnt seem to get as many. We are still working out the rules so I am sure he and I will be asking more stupid questions.
Not a problem, nobody starts out knowing all the rules.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2009, 12:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze
Do I lose an attack by adding the Twin Linked weapon on my battlesuit? What I mean is, if i can pick 3 weapons and fire all 3, then I take one twin linked, its says in the codex that counts as 2 weapons. When I fire now I only fire 2 weapons, one with rerolls to hit. Would it be better to have 3 weapons to attack with? Or would I have 2 sets of Twin linked pulse rifles that reroll to hit?
No you do not lose an attack.

If you put three weapons you can only shoot 1 at the time, 2 if you have a multitracker.

If yuou put a twinlink weapon plus another weapon system, you can either shoot the TL weapon or the single weapon unless you have a hardwired multitracker, whence you can shoot both the TL weapon and the single weapon -since it is technically 2 weapon system.

Edit:
Since you can only have 3 hard points, you cannot have 2 set of TL weapon since this would take up 4 hardpoints (a broadside can do that though).

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2009, 13:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turok117

Double ninja'd...
Actually you can not really fire all of your weapons with a Multi-tracker. You can fire two weapons. Either two single weapons or a single weapon and a Twin-Linked one. If you take 3 single weapons, you can never fire them all at once.
Ah, thanks - didn't know that.