Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

i have a problem
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jun 2005, 23:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default i have a problem

ok i have a 1000 point mech tau army up and running right now, its not bad and suits me well, but im working on bringing it up to a 1500 point army. i need a crisis suit team with missile pods but i dont know if i want to go with the full deathrain or use a pod and fusion blaster combo... i want the team to move around the edge of combat picking off small targets and to act as small time fire support... i just cant make up my mind.
Old 08 Jun 2005, 23:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: i have a problem

Well, if you go Fireknife, then you can get close to max effectiveness at 24", although that might be a little too close for you, since the missiles by themselves give you 36".
On the other hand, if you're more likely to stay closer to the 36" point, then a simple flamer might be a good idea. The problem with missiles is that once you're out of armoured targets, if all that's left is horde groups, like if you're facing Orks, Nids or IG, then the flamer is a good backup for those small infantry that shrivels up and become all "crisp-crust" for you. It leaves you an option when the missiles are less useful, since you'd probably have a lot of anti-armour, and anti-power armour, but you'd probably be lacking any large number of horde killers (this is presuming that your Mech-Tau army is anything like those I've read that the others recommend ^_^).
Well, in the end, it's really your choice ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
She said she can't die! She's survive even if you roast her or bake her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Should we try to boil her or fry her instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
It's foolish for people to go out on a night like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
I'm talking about you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
No, I'm not asking who's a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari
So you're admitting to being a fool?
Old 09 Jun 2005, 00:04   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm a really cheap person (money wise) so instead of buying crisis suits and gluing the guns on and making it so they can only use those guns. I put Velcro on the hard-points and guns so i can swap the guns out for whatever purpose in need the suits for. ;D which would solve your issue with not being able to decide on what to equip your suits with.
Old 09 Jun 2005, 00:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Just stick the weapons in the slots without any glue, they will stay. That wat you can try both combo's out and see what works.
Old 09 Jun 2005, 00:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

You could equip the models with TLMP, but that realy hampers effectiveness against other targets. *If you want to do nothing but cherypick, feel free to carry TL missile pods and maybe a shield gen for survivability, but if you want to be able to have ranged effectiveness reduced for the sake of versatility go Fireknife.
Old 09 Jun 2005, 07:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles
I'm a really cheap person (money wise) so instead of buying crisis suits and gluing the guns on and making it so they can only use those guns. I put Velcro on the hard-points and guns so i can swap the guns out for whatever purpose in need the suits for. ;D which would solve your issue with not being able to decide on what to equip your suits with.
never tried with Velcro but i do the same thing with a small bit of BluTac. i have also done this with a few F.W. so if i want to put a few carbines in a squad or add a marker light i can.