Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

farsight against tau ?
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jun 2005, 18:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default farsight against tau ?

Has any one Ever battled with a farsight army against tau? How did it go? What strategies did you use? did you win?

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 08 Jun 2005, 20:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: farsight against tau ?

I played a 1,000 point tau list against a 1,500 point mechanized farsight list. I won by 300 vps...
Old 08 Jun 2005, 22:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1

Why did your opponent have 500 more pts than you?

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

Old 08 Jun 2005, 23:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

A little campagin that the store is running.
Old 09 Jun 2005, 16:27   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I saw a battle, you got to watch out for kroots though due to the lack of CC but I fink you can employ Mercs in a farsight army

* * * * * ** * * Darkflame
Old 09 Jun 2005, 17:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
I fink you can employ Mercs in a farsight army

* * * * * ** * * Darkflame

you can't actually. alas. check the kroot merc pdf. space marines, sisters of battle, tau, nids and necrons can't hire kroot mercs. and last time i checked, farsight was still classified as a tau......

So, how to deal with a farsight army. pretty easy, as their list is seriously limited, by very handicapping restrictions. Firstly- 1 hammerheads, broadsides, stealths and pathfinders are 0-1. fair enough to the last two-most people only take one anyway. But only1 broadside team, and 1 hammerhead? for tau, its absolutely crippling. beyond that, no kroot, no etherials, or gun drones. pff! to the last two, but no kroot is handicapping.
chances are, his list will be 3 broadsides, one hammerhead, and the rest will be fire warriors, and crisis suits. i'd guess you'll see a more "in your face" attitude, with an assaulty o' shovah unit.

you can easily take out the list. 3 hammerheads. markerlights- FW sushis, or pathfinders. fireknife suits. light his broads and annihalate them! ion cannon on the hammerhead is perfect for taking out expensive suit models. Lots of fire warrior teams again, are as always useful in a variety of fields - killing crisis suits, or other fire warriors. and take kroot! nothing funnier than assaulting tau. kroot happily tear through tau lines.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 09 Jun 2005, 17:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
I fink you can employ Mercs in a farsight army

Darkflame

you can't actually. alas. check the kroot merc pdf. space marines, sisters of battle, tau, nids and necrons can't hire kroot mercs. and last time i checked, farsight was still classified as a tau......

So, how to deal with a farsight army. pretty easy, as their list is seriously limited, by very handicapping restrictions. Firstly- 1 hammerheads, broadsides, stealths and pathfinders are 0-1. fair enough to the last two-most people only take one anyway. But only 2 broadside team, and 1 hammerhead? for tau, its absolutely crippling. beyond that, no kroot, no etherials, or gun drones. pff! to the last two, but no kroot is handicapping.
chances are, his list will be 3 broadsides, one hammerhead, and the rest will be fire warriors, and crisis suits. i'd guess you'll see a more "in your face" attitude, with an assaulty o' shovah unit.

you can easily take out the list. 3 hammerheads. markerlights- FW sushis, or pathfinders. fireknife suits. light his broads and annihalate them! ion cannon on the hammerhead is perfect for taking out expensive suit models. Lots of fire warrior teams again, are as always useful in a variety of fields - killing crisis suits, or other fire warriors. and take kroot! nothing funnier than assaulting tau. kroot happily tear through tau lines.
no want to be on the farsight side not how to beat him ;D

Old 09 Jun 2005, 17:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank

no want to be on the farsight side not how to beat him ;D

its how id play to defeat farsight tau.

whats the old phrase- get into your enemies head to beat him? thats how i'd play. you lot figure outa counter move. ;D

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 09 Jun 2005, 19:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I just wanted to hear battle reports on it because it sound cool how the out cast goes up against the empire

Now that i think about it i wonder how good the stealth sqaud team would be with the farsight upgrade in CC ?

Old 09 Jun 2005, 20:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
I just wanted to hear battle reports on it because it sound cool how the out cast goes up against the empire

Now that i think about it i wonder how good the stealth sqaud team would be with the farsight upgrade in CC ?
well, a 210 point squad would get 18 bs3 s5 shots, followed by 18 ws3 i3 s4 attacks. good against guardsmen!

Closed Thread