Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Resources for Tau information
Old 12 May 2009, 11:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Resources for Tau information

Hi there. My question is two fold. Before I begin with my questions, let me mention that I read the sticky that reviews all the forgeworld Tau figures, but it was written in 2005 so I was unsure if it was still correct.

1)
What books by forgeworld include Tau figures? From what I could gather from the site the IA3, the FW apoc and the 2006 update all have Tau figures. But is the update actually an update, or does it predate IA3?

2)
If I wanted to start reading Tau fiction, are there any novels that include them?

Cheers, and thanks in advance
gorlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 13:18   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Resources for Tau information

1. The 2002 Update has some tau tau stuff in it too but most of its are outdated. Actually i believe technically they all are outdated because none of the books where for 5th edition, but thats a technicality because they are all generally accepted regardless.

2. The only book i know of thats tau centric is Firewarrior by Simon Spurrier
FADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 13:24   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to loonitick

Imperial Armour Volume 3: The Taros Campaign
Imperial Armour Apocalypse
Apocalypse book
Codex: Tau Empire
Games Workshop website

Thats all of the places I can think of rules wise...

Lit. wise... Their is the book Firewarrior, and they are in one of the Gaunts Goasts books IIRC (sorry 'bout spelling, heads not working too well ATM)
loonitick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 17:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Buy IA:3 it is pretty much the all inclusive tau tactical guide to the universe, has (almost) all of the Tau weapons and vehicles that exist in the game and is very much oriented to the Tau player. the Tau Codex is good (good being a relative term) but not great, and nothing like the quality or quantity of IA:3. there is nothing in IA: update 2006 that is not also in IA:A (to my recollection) and IA:A is alright (I don't like it because you pretty much need IA:3 to use it) for the cost, if all you want is the vehicles and rules. IA:3 is a definite fluff book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
We altered the age old art of calling shotgun to now be known as calling Plasma Rifle on my car :P
Scratch-built Tau Manta . Scratch-built Tau Orca Drop Ship. Scratch-built Tau Barricuda. Scratch-built Tau Bastion.
Scratch-built Thunderhawk Dropship. Scratch-built 1:72nd scale Space Marine Landing Craft.
Scratch-built Chaos super-heavy dreadclaw drop pod/army transport.
hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 17:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

For Forge World tau you need IA3 and IA: Apocalypse which includes the IA update 2006. IA3 is technically a 3.5 edition tau supplement (done in 3rd ed but with 4th in mind).

Everything found in the IA Update 2002 was retaken in the IA:3, so it's not really worth buying Update 2002

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 19:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Here is an almost complete compendium of all the Tau rule and fluff available, including White Dwarf issues. To my knowledge, the only thing it is lacking is a reference to the fluff in the 5th edition IG codex - and that's because that fluff is really convoluted.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote