Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Emp, death or glory atack?
Old 12 May 2009, 10:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Emp, death or glory atack?

Can we use emp grenades in a death or glory atack or do we have to use our basic weapon?

(\_/) this is a bunny
(x.x) bunny is dead
'(__)' he tastes funny hehehe
wartang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 11:19   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to loonitick
Default Re: Emp, death or glory atack?

Yes you can use an EMP nade if you want, you can try punching it as well... or you could just move to the side, let the tank pass and not have one of your warriors run the risk of becoming 2 dimentional :
loonitick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 18:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Death or Glory is the one and only reason why EMP grenades are listed as wargear. You can give one to just the shas'ui and have the ability to stop a tank of any armor value from pushing your fire warriors off the objective. You could equip a whole squad with EMP also, but why? If you're in assault against something that EMP grenades can effect then something has already goine SERIOUSLY wrong!
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 23:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightperson
Death or Glory is the one and only reason why EMP grenades are listed as wargear. You can give one to just the shas'ui and have the ability to stop a tank of any armor value from pushing your fire warriors off the objective. You could equip a whole squad with EMP also, but why? If you're in assault against something that EMP grenades can effect then something has already goine SERIOUSLY wrong!
Pretty sure that we dealt with this before. If a single model in a squad is armed with EMP or Photon Grenades then the entire squad must be armed accordingly.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2009, 00:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightperson
Pretty sure that we dealt with this before. If a single model in a squad is armed with EMP or Photon Grenades then the entire squad must be armed accordingly.
Nope, the Unit has the option to buy them if listed in the Codex - and if the Unit does buy them (using the army list option) than every Model in the unit must take them (including the 'Ui).

However, the Shas'Ui has access to the infantry wargear (and EMP's are listed there) - and can buy a grenade independant of the unit option through the Wargear.

So it depends where you buy them from, if you get them from the Army List entry everyone has to take them, if you get them from the Wargear (which only the 'Ui can access) than only the individual Model which can purchase them takes it (like any other Wargear).
Old 13 May 2009, 11:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

...'scuse me but I do regularly arm my FW's with EMP's >>
Quite useful too, as they've wrecked things from Monoliths to Falcons
Old 13 May 2009, 16:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

I just never run into enough armour to really have a need to equip them. And the way my 'O is set up to take out tanks, they're too busy worring about that. Though, I can see how they'd be useful in assault against a Dreadnought. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2009, 16:29   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

It would just be a nasty little suprise in a tourney, to have your LR taken out by a Shas'Ui in a FW squad. :P
Old 13 May 2009, 16:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipTop1987
I just never run into enough armour to really have a need to equip them. And the way my 'O is set up to take out tanks, they're too busy worring about that. Though, I can see how they'd be useful in assault against a Dreadnought. :P
EMP's on fire warriors would be a nasty surprise, but I don't think the situation would arise often enough to be worth it. I like the idea of a single one on the shas'ui for D or G attacks, but actually launching the assault would require the whole squad to be armed with them for any real chance of a hit. Against most walkers you're only going to get a hit for every three warriors (unless you charge). The walker will probably swing first and kill two or three before you swing. If I ever played a less-serious-than-usual secret list event it might be worth trying a dirty trick like that, but generally it looks like an uphill battle at best.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote