Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"collectible" Shas'ui Firewarrior?
Old 01 May 2009, 15:44   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default "collectible" Shas'ui Firewarrior?

I saw a Metal Fire warrior on Ebay, and so I did some research (bear in mind that I am a noob when it comes to 40K in general) on metal Fire warriors. I found out that the listing was for a limited edition metal Shas'ui. It looks like this

I also looked on Ebay for the same item, and it turns out that this particular item sells for around $20. I found a picture of it out of the box, and I sent it to the seller. (the seller didn't have a picture for it) and he confirmed my suspicions. So I bid on it and won it for $6. I was thinking of simply reselling it, but I'm contemplating on keeping it. The problem is, I don't know much about it in general.

I realize that this post probably is rather confusing, but in short, I got this figure for $6 and I would like information on it. :P
philthechil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2009, 15:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: "collectible" Shas'ui Firewarrior?

I've never seen that model in my life. Good find.

He looks like a Fire Warrior Shas'ui with a Pulse Carbine. I was originally tempted to say he was a Pathfinder squad leader, given that he is metal like the rest of the Pathfinders and armed with a Carbine, but his shin armor gives him away as a simple Fire Warrior.

Unfortunately, in game terms, he does not seem much more special than that. I guess one could also use him to represent and Ejected Battlesuit Pilot, if someone wanted to give him a more unique position in an army.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2009, 15:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

It is basically a firewarrior 'sargeant' with a pulse carbine and is cast in metal (EDIT: Master of the obvious strikes again) . The Pulse carbine also has a markerlight on the top of it too so it would make a good Pathfinder aswell.

Nice catch ;D
Old 01 May 2009, 15:51   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ok, thanks for the info guys.
So what would be the good options for this?
A: Resell
B: Squad leader for a Fire Warrior Team.
C: Part of a Pathfinder team?
Old 01 May 2009, 15:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you want pathfinders this guy works out cheaper than normal so paint him up as a nice Shas'ui and have some fun!

Old 01 May 2009, 15:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

You could always resell, but he is a pretty unique model. I'd hang on to something like that.

I'd say your best bet, in WYSIWYG terms, would be to make him a Pulse Carbine-equipped Fire Warrior unit's Shas'iu, armed with a Markerlight. Making him a Pathfinder Shas'ui would not be out of the question either; even if he has the heavier armor normally reserved for Fire Warriors, he is a Shas'ui and you could be a bit lenient in the armament conventions.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2009, 15:56   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Who knows alot of info that I can glean from through chat? *waits for hands to raise*
Old 01 May 2009, 16:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthechil
Who knows alot of info that I can glean from through chat? *waits for hands to raise*
Me me me!

Seriously me.
Old 01 May 2009, 16:21   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Does anyone else have any info on this Shas'ui? :P
Old 01 May 2009, 16:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I believe that model was sold for a limited duration only from the Warhammer World store in Nottingham, England. It is a precursor, in a way, of the 'direct only' models you can purchase today. I'll hazard a guess and say that it was during the Eye of Terror Worldwide Campaign.

Similarly, around the time of the Storm of Chaos campaign, the Warhammer World store (and only them) sold a Chaos Marauder Chieftain/Champion.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote