Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about Crisis Suit Squad Rules
Old 30 Apr 2009, 19:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to BKZer0
Default Question about Crisis Suit Squad Rules

If I have 6 crisis suits, can I have 6 squads of 1 shas'vre each with access to wargear and special issue items? or is there some rule preventing this?
Desert Base Tutorial
BKZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2009, 19:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Question about Crisis Suit Squad Rules

You can only have 3 units of Elites, according to the Force Organization Chart.

Each unit of Crisis may consist of 1-3 Suits. And only the team leader can get the rank of Shas'Vre.

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2009, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKZer0
If I have 6 crisis suits, can I have 6 squads of 1 shas'vre each with access to wargear and special issue items? or is there some rule preventing this?
If you use the Force Organization Chart and standard 5th edition missions then no. Using home rules or apocalypse then you sure can.

The FOC allows 3 elite choices and 2 HQ choices. Each single elite choice allows you to have up to one 'vre. Each HQ choice allows your 'o or 'el to take a bodyguard of 'vre's.

See page 24 in the Tau codex and pages 86-87 in the rule book.

For standard missions you could take 3 single xv8's as 'vre's and kit them out with wargear and special issue items. Those would make up your 3 elite choices.

Your HQ choices allow you to take 3 XV8's pre squad all with access to special issue items and wargear.

mattv2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2009, 20:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

You could have 3 of them as an HQ slot: a Shas'el/o with 2 Shas'vre bodyguards and 3 Shas'vre's to fill the entire Elite section of the FOC. I recommend putting all of them into 2 squads, an Elite and an HQ. This means you can field even more Crisis Suits and/or Stealth Suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2009, 21:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hmm. I don't have the official 5th edition rule book yet :'(

I don't know if it is against forum policy so just let me know if it is, but how many of each can you have?

_ HQ
3 Elites
_ Troops
_ Fast attack
_ Heavy support
Desert Base Tutorial
Old 30 Apr 2009, 21:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

Sorry if this is against FP, if it is, I'm very sorry and I'll edit it.

HQ - 2
Elites - 3
Troops - 6
Fast Attack - 3
Heavy Support - 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2009, 22:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:

I don't know if it is against forum policy so just let me know if it is, but how many of each can you have?

_
It is also in your codex. Do you not have one of those either? The rule book and codex are necessary items to play this game. I suggest you get these items and read them before you ask us more questions like this.
Old 02 May 2009, 00:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv2099
Quote:

_
It is also in your codex. Do you not have one of those either? The rule book and codex are necessary items to play this game. I suggest you get these items and read them before you ask us more questions like this.
I agree.

BKzero0, if you need rules queries answered, this board is not the right place for you. The information Lord Zanu provided was okay - barely. We don't want any trouble with GW, so we won't disclose copyrighted information here.

I suggest you get a copy of the current rules - a LEGAL copy. Note that AoBR-booklets should be available cheaply all over the place. A Codex is a necessity, anyway.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2009, 01:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've seen the mini black reach rule book on ebay for less than 10$. There is no excuse to not have a rule book.
Old 04 May 2009, 14:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv2099
I've seen the mini black reach rule book on ebay for less than 10$. There is no excuse to not have a rule book.
Thank you, I understood your first post very clearly. There is no need to reiterate a moot point. Also there is no need to refer to me with such umbrage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
I agree.

BKzero0, if you need rules queries answered, this board is not the right place for you. The information Lord Zanu provided was okay - barely. We don't want any trouble with GW, so we won't disclose copyrighted information here.

I suggest you get a copy of the current rules - a LEGAL copy. Note that AoBR-booklets should be available cheaply all over the place. A Codex is a necessity, anyway.

Cheers,
-Bone
In my defense, I do own a Tau Codex. however, I wasn't entirely sure how many of each squad type you are allowed to posses. looking back through the codex I see the section called "Standard Missions" which in fact depicts a flowchart of squad breakdown. However, it is not entirely obvious what the chart is meant to signify especially to a new player. I thought it was there to emphasize story, e.g. "here is how the tau organize their troops", and not for any technical reasons.

There are two reasons ("excuses") I don't currently own a copy of the rule book.

1. I have only played the game once. I played a game against a friend of mine, and he basically told me what to do the entire time. I am not entirely sold on the game yet. Believe me, I am having a hard enough time justifying spending the money on the models, let alone dice, rulers, templates, books, markers, etc. Basically, until I spend more than two and a half hours playing the game, I won't be buying more accessories. To me, it sounds similar to "I played catch with my friends lacrosse stick once, I'm going to buy my own stick, balls, pads, cleats, and uniform. Sorry for the exasperated example, but basically, I don't want to get in to deep before I decide whether or not I even like the game or not.

2. My friend, the one I played my lone game with, owns the rule book. he was not available to ask questions of seeing as how we are both at work. The reason I asked the question when I did is because I wanted to tweak my army list a little while I was "working", and I am not sure on all the rules yet. I was scheduled to play another game with him Friday night after work, and wanted to be more prepared, able to make more educated decisions based on the outcome of my first game, i.e. learn from my mistakes. In our first game, he basically walked all over me, so I was looking for ways to rearrange my army with the models I have available.

Bonesaw's answer is courteous, and more than welcome, especially considering the fact the he is an admin, and the voice of authority over this forum. I am familiar with the forum rules, however my question falls into a bit of a site gray area, which is why I questioned forum policy first. Any admin is more than welcome to remove or edit this thread should it be found in violation of any rules.

On that note, I apologize for the length of this post. I can't help be feel somewhat attacked here by certain people (not Bonesaw) that either don't understand my particular situation, or are merely posting authoritative answers to hear themselves talk.

I again thank Zanuu for his answer, and apologize to Bonesaw for asking questionable questions (sounds awkward).
Desert Base Tutorial